- Age 29 years
- Date of Birth 29th June 1991
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 1st October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Head Person, Manager, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have over 15 years experience around horses and have 8 years experience of working as a professional groom after finishing my degree in Equine Sports Science. I have worked in Australia as well as the UK. I have a range of experience, from working as a sole charge groom taking care of 6 + horses, to managing yard of 17-20 competition horses. I have experience up to FEI 4* and at my current job had the opportunity to groom at a Lier CDI in Belgium. I have experience looking after stallions and young horses. I also have started and produced some young dressage horses which I love to do.
Show grooming, clipping, trimming, plaiting. Tack up / do off to a high standard. Lunge, exercise on flat, hack, back young horses. Manage staff, ordering and organise vet farrier etc. Keep yard to high standard and running efficiently. Train staff.
Strengths and Weaknesses
I love taking care of my horses to the highest standard and helping them to reach their full potential. I really enjoy competition grooming especially at stay away shows where I get to spend quality time taking care of a few horses. I love training young horses. Seeing them progress and gain confidence is one of my favourite things.
I love the proud feeling when you watch your horse and rider trot down the centre line.
I would love the chance to groom at more Internationals especially overseas. I am working towards getting my HGV license as soon as I can.
I consistently go above and beyond for my horses and I work hard to make sure my yard is a friendly and healthy work environment. I have high standards and uphold them at all times. I have skills and knowledge which I have acquired over my career with many amazing riders and grooms. I currently work as assistant manager for a top british international rider and have had lots of wonderful opportunities and leaned alot but I really want to get back to running a yard myself and being the main competition groom. I am ready to find my forever job and bring all the skills I have and keep growing to be the best I can be.
I would like to manage the yard and groom at competitions. I would also love the chance to work with some young horses again.
If suitable, private accommodation would be a plus. However I live with my partner of 10 years so he and I would both have to live there. We are mote than happy to find our own accom otherwise.
I would ideally like the possibility of having a well behaved dog in the future
1st – 7th july inclusive already booked off.