- Age 31 years
- Date of Birth 27th December 1989
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Ireland, Northern Ireland, The EU, Europe, United States of America
- County/State/Region Derbyshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 1st September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period As long as possible
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Home Groom, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Team Chase, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Clip, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I’m from a horsey family so we’ve had horses since I was 2 which lead me to take it up for work when I left school And the years after, some of my experience’s are detailed as below. Although I’ve had a break for a while due to commitments such as mortage’s and other “adult” commitments etc I’m looking to get back into getting into a career with horse’s and feel I could offer hard work and a muck in attitude to be part of the team if you would consider me for the roles available.
I worked on a hunt/ sales yard In Ashbourne derbyshire my duties were general yard duties mucking in with everything to ensure it was completed to a high standard, getting the horses ready for potential clients and to ride them to show showcase them if required. I also had to prepare for hunt days and assist with changing over half way through the day for 2nd horses if required, exercising, feed rounds, arranging and sorting the farrier I first tried my hand at clipping here too. I took a lot away from this experience and met a range of people who I still keep in contact with.
I worked on a yard in Oakham Leicestershire on a point to point/ hunt yard. My duties here were the general duties and workings on the yard For the day to day tasks- mucking out, sweeping down, feed rounds, tack cleaning, grooming/ hot wragging and the daily exercise of the horses, riding and leading out, as well as tending to any vet appointments and arranging the farrier. Getting the horses ready for hunt days and waiting for them to return after the day out.
I did a short stint on a show yard in Ashbourne Derbyshire. Here my day to day tasks were again general yard duties, exercising, turn out and bring in. Getting the horses ready for show days and packing up the lorry either everything needed.
I took a short break from working with horses due to a knee injury.
I worked part time on a breaking livery yard in Ashbourne Derbyshire. My tasks were general yard duties, helping to exercise and assist with breaking- leading, legging up and leading whilst they leant over, riding and leading out. Attending show days or going to pick up any new horses, speaking to the livery’s and assisting with anything they needed and liaising with the clients dropping off/ collecting or coming along to see the progress of the horse. I also did clipping and got to attend a few hunt days.
I’ve taken another break from horses due to commitments such as mortages and other adult commitments etc
so I’ve just been helping out on friends yards and part loaning in the meantime along with my full time office based job I have at the moment.
I’m particularly good at working alone and using my own initiative to get tasks completed and assessing tasks in order of importance to ensure everything required is completed. I’m also good at working as part of a team also. Following tasks required and learning new skills and bring a can do attitude to muck in to any job required of me.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• I enjoy working outside and the variety of the day with horses as no two days are ever the same there’s always a new situation or task to do and it keeps the role fresh. And also experiencing riding different horses along the way.
• I’d like to improve my plaiting skills and further my clipping experience. And expand my knowledge on equine first aid etc from basic to more a expanded Knowledge.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
Because I’m hard working, willing to learn new skills and try new tasks and can use my own initiative when needed. I muck in and bring a can do attitude
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I’d like to gain more experience in the craft of horsemanship and slot into a close nit team and work to become a valuable member.
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes if it was out of my local area.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
November 2020- Monday 23rd- fri 27th
march 2021- mon 22nd- fri 26th 2021