- Age 23 years
- Date of Birth 27th July 1997
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Dorset, UK, Hampshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 14th September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Home Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Sales, Show Jumping, Stud, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Sole charge, Teach, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been riding since a very young age, and then starting ‘proper riding lessons’ at 6 years old. I have owned my own ex-race horse for 8 years. My first job was at a riding school, which I held for 4 years, working my way up to having sole charge of the riding school horses and the livery horses. I left this job to further my equine education, by reading for my BSc (HONS) Equine Studies degree at University Centre Sparsholt.
During my degree I did two work placements, the first at Wellington Riding where I spent 4 weeks working on the riding school, looking after the riding school horses, working as a team to perform yard duties to a high standard on a large scale yard, along with this helping teach the children horse management skills, helping to prepare the yard and horses for the BHS Exams day, and helping on competition days. My second placement was at a small riding school in The New Forest called Bagnum Equestrian Centre, where i held more responsibility in my role, working alongside the Head Girl, I was taking hacks on my own only days after starting the placement, which was also for 4 weeks. After my placement here I was offered a job, which I did part-time whilst finishing my studies fro a short period. Once finishing university, I returned to Bagnum Equestrian Centre and worked there part time from February 2019 through to November 2019 (only leaving due to getting more ours at my main job). At university, we studies a wide variety of equine subjects to name a few, Equine Industry, Equine Biology, Nutrition, Equine Husbandry and Management and Anatomy and Physiology; all of which mixed theory and practical to ensure we were reaching our full potential. I also worked on the show days at Sparsholt with the events team, working at BD and BS events, and unaffiliated Dressage and Show Jumping, either stewarding, writing for the judges, or pole picking. I have recently competed my own horse at my first dressage competition, in which we came 1st place, having not had the opportunity or transport to have competed before this, and I am hoping to compete more in the future.
I have worked both as a team and worked alone at previous job roles and I am confident doing both, having good people and communication skills for working as a team, but I am also happy, hardworking and competent being in sole charge. I have good organisation skills, in addition to this I am good at time management and working to deadlines. Working as a Customer Service Assistant in the retail industry I have furthered my problem-solving skills. I have handled a variety of horses, from riding school ponies to fit horses, and I am confident in doing so. I am quick at picking up new skills and I always want further my education especially within the equine industry, willing to practice and improve on any areas that are needed.
Having worked at a pre-school, babysitting from the age of 15, and working at a riding school helping to teach, I am good with children.
Strengths and Weaknesses
When working with horses there are always new skills to learn and you can always improve on the skills you already have – therefore there is a challenge every day, may that be big or small to overcome. In addition to this, no day is the same with horses, so you can never get bored.
There are certain areas I’d like to improve, my plaiting and show turn out for example, I would love to opportunity to put in the time and effort to perfect these skills, so I can complete them to the highest of my ability. There are areas of the industry I have little to no experience in yet I am interested in learning all about them.
I am a friendly, loyal and hardworking individual who is always willing to learn, improve and likes to be challenged. I have a passion for horses, dreaming of working in the industry from a young age. I will work my hardest to perform to the best of my abilities consistently, to provide my finest work for my employer.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would love to further my education in the equine industry, I am interested in a variety of disciplines that I would love to learn everything about, enabling me to work to a high standard.
• Do you need accommodation?
Depending on the distance of the position from my current residents, yes. Accommodation would be a bonus with the right job position.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
Turn out and stable for my 21 yo Thoroughbred gelding, preferably company for him or space for me to get company for him.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?