- Age 22 years
- Date of Birth 7th May 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, The EU, Europe, United Arab Emirates
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 1st September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’11” / 180cm
- Approximate weight 12st / 76.2kg / 168lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Endurance, Livery
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have many years of experience with horses from my own horses, to working with horses.
From leaving school, I went to study horse management at college for 2 years, which I progressed with my riding and my yard management skills. While attending college I worked at the Police Yard for a while doing general yard duties, and keeping the horses turned out ready to go on patrol.
I have also had experience on a dealers yard when I was 16 (while at college).
I have a lot of experience with youngsters, Competition horses, Hunters, Racehorses..
I bought my own Racehorse off the track, and started a fresh with him after him being turned away for a few months. He was 3 when I bought him, and I re-schooled him to be a Showhorse. Which he has been amazing and we have competed at places such as Aintree Racecourse Championships and the Royal Highland.
I also worked on a Private Show Yard/Hunt Yard, for over 2 years. While working there I attended competitions. Preparing horses for the Competition; (clipping, pulling, plaiting, ect) Exercising horses, lunging, long reigning, schooling, hacking. Getting the Hunt horses fit ready for the season. Keeping the yard immaculate, and the horses happy in their environment. Looking after the field horses, water checked hay given if needed ect.
Working alongside; Vet, Farrier, Physio’s ect. Keeping a check on when the horses needed any Vacations and when they needed shod too.
working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, yard duties. Invoices and ordering feed,bedding ect.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses? I love everything about working with horse, everyday is different!
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I’m very reliable, caring towards people and animals. I’m very hardworking and I love working! I’m responsible and will go out of my way to make sure all jobs are done a the best of my ability. I’m easy to work with and will make sure I help my workmates in anyway that I can!
I would love a change and to move away from Newcastle! I have one horse who would be coming with me too! He’s a quite natured TB.