- Age 24 years
- Date of Birth 8th September 1996
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Europe, United States of America, United Arab Emirates
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Part Time
- Earliest start date 20th September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 15st / 95.3kg / 210lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Foaling, P2P, Polo, Stud, Therapeutic Riding, Trekking
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Supervisory Skills, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have been riding since the age of 5. I have owned my own pony/horse from the age of 8 until the age of 19 when I sold my horse as I went travelling for a year. I was a member of the pony cub and partook in all pony club activities. I kept my horse on a hunt/livery yard and I started to work for the yard at the weekend form the age of 14 until the age of 18 due to moving house. I worked on the yard every weekend and would also worked more days when it was the school holidays. This yard cater for all different aspects of livery, including hunt livery’s.
I have also worked on a family yard which had dressage horses and ex race horses and ex eventers.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
My key skills are working alone, working within team, plaiting, clipping, turning out for hunting, bandaging, basic horse first aid, riding fit hunters, working with children, handling strong horses, mucking out to a high standard, keeping a yard clean.
I have also handled stallions in the past and young horses but this was only a small aspect of the jobs I have had.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
There is a variety in your day when working with horses. Every day can be different as you may have to deal with medical issues and deal with any care situation that may arise during the day. I also enjoy being outside and active. Horses also have this calming presence and are just a joy to be around.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I am always wanting to improve my current skills and I am always happy to take on new challenges so can add to my skill set.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am looking to gain further experience with horses and to gain more skills in this area. I am interested in looking into a career with horses in a therapeutic setting for young people with additional needs and I am wanting to have as many skills as I can with horses before looking into this further.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I want to improve my current skills and add more experiences with horses and working in different environments.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I sit on the committee for the netball club I train with. I would need to attend a meeting every 3 months but he days are flexible.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?