- Age 22 years
- Date of Birth 21st April 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Northamptonshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 5th October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? None
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 11st / 69.9kg / 154lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Classical, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Pony Club Activities, Reining, Riding School, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Western, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality Australian
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have around 10 years experience with horses. I have my own off the track Thoroughbreds at home who I have trained up and regularly work at my local racetrack handling youngsters, hot thoroughbreds, etc working as a stablehand.
I also train/work others’ horses at home including show jumpers, eventers and mostly dressage horses.
Previous roles entail riding and training as well as caring and maintaining eventing warm bloods for competition, both youngsters and older.
I have also extensive showing experience, mostly riding and training ponies through to thoroughbreds for showing competition and some groom work.
I work well alone or in a group. I have standard knowledge of plaiting, etc as my experience predominantly lies in ridden skills, handling of young horses and training. I also have experience with stallions/colts.
Outside of the equine industry, I have extensive administrative experience, office and computer skills as well as optimal customer service skills (over the phone and face to face).
I am also studying online currently from Australia where I’m a current third year student in Psychological Science.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Riding, training, feeding, grooming
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Plaiting, clipping, competition turnout
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I possess a high level of motivation, enthusiasm and passion which I can bring to a team. I am also very open to experience and learning new skills in a new environment with horses being the common passion.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Furthering my skills as a rider and groom in the competition atmosphere, also furthering competition turnout skills including plaiting and clipping.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
Not in the immediate future
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?