- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 12th February 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Norfolk, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 20th September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 4 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Livery, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
My Experience with horses has come from not only riding since I was 9 years old but also from my employment with Redwings Horse Sanctuary. At Redwings, I would care for the equines by feeding, mucking out/poo picking, medicating, foraging/moving electric tape, checking the horses for any illness or soundness, holding for the farriers, leading and grooming/picking out feet. During this time, I’ve grown to do these things quickly and effectively as well as being able to lead and deal with equines which have had a traumatic life therefore are scared or dislike people.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I’m particularly good at dealing with a ‘difficult’ horse due to my experience caring for horses with a traumatic life, whether this be due to being scared or that they disliked people! I am also good at working either alone or in a group to achieve the goal and being quick at what I do whilst ensuring what I’m doing is completed to the highest level.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I have always loved horses and creating bonds with them. I love to ride but to me the true enjoyment is being able to care for them as a whole! I love to be able to muck out and do the jobs which are needed within equine care as well as grooming them too!
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would love to be able to improve my riding skills as I have always been more of a hacker than riding in a school, whenever I have a riding lesson I’m told I sit like a hacker which is what I’d love to improve on!
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
Employers should consider me because I’m a hard worker and not afraid of any ‘dirty work’ so to speak! I always work my hardest, quickest pace as well as making sure everything is done to the best quality. You could eat dinner on a floor that I’ve swept!
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would love to gain an amazing relationship with the people I work with whilst creating amazing bonds with the horses.
• Do you need accommodation?
I have my own accommodation but this would be a bonus and a dream to be able to have included!
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have got a dog, a cat and 5 small parrots that I would love to bring with me!
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
I have a week holiday in the summer of 2021 and three weekends in 2021 which I would need holiday for.