- Age 23 years
- Date of Birth 14th March 1997
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region West Midlands, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 14th September 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term N/A
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Home Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 6’1” / 185cm
- Approximate weight 11st / 69.9kg / 154lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Dressage, Family Yard, Foaling, Polo, Rescue, Stud, Trekking, Western
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have owned and competed horses since I was 9 years old, I have 2 of my own. A fell pony gelding and dressage Friesian mare. I broke her in myself so have experience in young/feisty horses.
I have competed in regional and national competitions with my fell pony including showjumping and cross country. I mainly compete in dressage with my Friesian mare.
My whole life revolves around horses and to be paid to work with them would be a dream come true. I currently keep them on a farm in Staffordshire.
What are you particularly good at?
I feel like I am very skilled at working alone as well as with others. I can clip, hack, lunge, jump as well as turn out for shows. I am very used to being around/ riding young horses and handling stallions. I much prefer practical work rather than being stuck in doors in an office somewhere.
I also have skills for equine first aid and have experience looking after a variety of other animals, cat, dogs, alpaca, emu’s etc
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
What I most enjoy about working with and having horses is the love and affection they give you in return. There is no greater bond than a girl and a horse.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I will be completely honest and say I would love to improve my skills at plaiting as both my horses have very long manes so I am not able to do show plaits on them.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I believe employees should consider me above other job seekers because of my kind nature towards all animals, I would never hit or be rough with any animal, ever. My fell pony was badly abused and I see what it’s done to him and I work tirelessly to try and help him overcome his fears. I think loyalty and being reliable is a very important quality especially when it comes to livestock and it’s something I have never failed on.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain more riding experience as I only tend to ride my own horses and don’t have the opportunity to ride others unfortunately. I used to ride many before I had my own as I’ve been riding now for over 16 years.
• Do you need accommodation?
No, I do not need any accommodation
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
No, I do not need to bring any animals with me
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
The only commitments I have is my two horses, which can be worked around working hours
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
I have a couple days booked at the end of September for my partners and myself anniversary