- Age 24 years
- Date of Birth 29th April 1996
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Buckinghamshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 2nd September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Housekeeper
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, Classical, Dressage, Endurance, Family Yard, Horse Transport, Livery, Polo, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Reining, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Western
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Having worked as a freelance groom and with dogs for the majority of my working life I am confident around all kinds of horses. I have excellent stable management skills, and have worked on many yards learning different things all of the time. I have worked as a polo groom for 4 years previously, each string of ponies completely different. I currently work with mini shetlands, Arabians and maxi cobs. I can handle fit competition horses, young horses and am keen to learn to back youngsters. I can bandage and clip. I have good riding ability and am lightweight so I can ride ponies. I can lunge and long line and ride English and western. I have good equine first aid knowledge and have been learning natural horsemanship where I currently work. I have my own pony who I mainly hack.
I am great at stable management and time keeping, I do love to muck out and love a fresh clean stable. I am good at handling strong horses and can stay calm when everyone else panics! I am good at working both alone and with others, I am reliable and punctual and am always keen to learn new things. I am calm rider and am lightweight.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses? I love being with horses and seeing them at their best. I love the fact that I can work and exercise!
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
My clipping and plaiting skills!
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am always reliable, confident, calm and friendly. I am a good horse handler and although I may not know everything I am always really keen to learn. I am adaptable and always listen. However I will speak out if I feel something is wrong and I am not afraid to ask questions if I don’t understand. I am very hardworking and always give it my all.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job? I would love to learn new things. I would like to gain more knowledge as a rider.
• Do you need accommodation? No.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you? I would like to be able to bring my dog with me some days as me and my partner take it in turns to bring her to our work.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
Yes, I am also a professional freelance dog walker which ties in with my job at a stables.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?