- Age 19 years
- Date of Birth 2nd November 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 1st February 2021
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period n/a
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 9.5st / 60.3kg / 133lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Hunting, Livery, Polo, Rehabilitation, Show Jumping, Stud, Training Yard/Positions, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality Zimbabwean
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been riding since I was 2 years old and have always been very passionate about working with horses. I have owned horses in Zimbabwe over the years which I have ridden and taken care of, While I was in secondary school I was a part of the Equestrian Riding Club for 4 years and competed on school horses in dressage, show jumping and polocrosse. I worked on a diverse yard that competed, taught riding school lessons, bred and backed young stock and trained and exercised other owners horses for 6 months after I finished secondary school. I have done show jumping up to 1 metre, but jumped 1.15 metres at home, novice dressage, cross country and numerous polocrosse games.
In 2018 I came to the United Kingdom to study a 2 year, Level 3 Extended Diploma in Equine Management at Moulton College in which I graduated with D*D*D*. In the 2 years at college I competed on their horses in dressage and show jumping events. Inbetween college I worked part-time for 3 different yards (riding school and two private yards). I am currently working on a family’s private yard where I solely look after and exercise their horses, including house and dog sitting whilst they are away.
I work well alone as I am responsible and use my initiative, but if I need to step back and work with a team I am more than happy to do that. I am a confident rider who always enjoys a challenge and will happily ride any horse I am put on. I am good at handling / riding young horses as well as being a quick learner with good plaiting and turning out skills. I am a friendly person who gets on with everyone and has good communication skills. I am good with animals and happy being around all types.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you enjoy most about working with horses?
I find working with horses to be therapeutic and rewarding due to the time and effort you have put into it. They are incredibly intelligent animals and I find myself fascinated by what they are capable of.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to expand my knowledge of looking after and riding high level competition horses as well as improving in show jumping and cross country. I would like to gain more experience that I have not yet had and learn as much as I can.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am extremely passionate about my job and am not afraid of hard work or getting dirty. I will always give my best and make room for improvement. I am a responsible and loyal employee who is very capable of being left to get on with the day to day yard duties.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to be a part of a team where I could gain valuable experience as well as improving my riding skills and pushing myself beyond my comfort zone. Ideally I would love to work on an eventing yard where I could ride, compete and assist at competitions with the team, as well as carry out my daily yard duties. If it is required I would like to complete my HGV Licence.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
I will be with family in Zimbabwe until 16th January 2021 and am available for full time work after this date.