- Age 28 years
- Date of Birth 14th January 1992
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Surrey, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 4th October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Trailer, 3.5t, 7.5t, Class 2 HGV
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’9” / 175cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Horse Transport, Rehabilitation, Sales, Show Jumping, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have worked with horses for over 11 years. I am extremely passionate about horses and their care. I have extremely high standards of turn turn out and a great eye for attention to detail. I enjoy clipping, plaiting, pulling, tidying and bathing horses to competition standards. In my previous role as Senior competition groom at a dressage yard we attended many high profile shows and nationals. I have worked with all types of horses from happy hackers to high level competition horses. I enjoy working horses on the flat and both jumping to a high level and have produced and competed my own horses up to Fox Hunter level in show jumping.
- Passionate about my work with horses and a keen show jumper myself
- Experience handling and riding youngstock, competition horses and stallions
- Rehabiliton for the ridden horse and horses with health alliments
- I enjoy clipping, plaiting, pulling, tidying and bathing horses to competition standards.
- Effectively work horses both under saddle in the school, hacking or lunging using pessoa or long lines
- Sole management of a team
- Highly organised and forward thinking
- Confident driven individual with excellent communication skills
- Work well as part of a team and individually
- High personal standards and super attention to detail
- Full clean UK driving licence including HGV with CPC and trailer have my own transport
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy working with horses as they are fascinating creatures which allow us to enjoy a unique hobby that we love. I enjoy seeing horses improve and change in their work and be successful in their competition careers.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to return to working with horses after my break away as there is a part of me missing not working with horses everyday. I would like to continue to improve my riding and learning new skills or techniques in the care of horses.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I should be consider for the role above any other job seeker as I am extremely passionate about horses and have been from a very young age. I am an extremely driven and self motivated individual with super attention to detail and high standards of turn out. I have a wealth of knowledge in the care of horses and exercising. I have a successful background having run yards and worked successfully as a high level competition groom. I hold my HGV licence and CPC and have transported horses around the UK for shows and veterinary appointments etc.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would love to be able to get back into working with horses and be part of a successful competition team.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have a 3 year old Jack Russel called Hunter who has been around horses all his life and thoroughly enjoys the outdoor life, he is extremely well behaved and loves agility.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?