- Age 30 years
- Date of Birth 16th September 1990
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 1st October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 9st / 57.2kg / 126lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Horse Transport, Hunting, Livery, Polo, Pony Club Activities, Rescue, Showing, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I started riding when I was a teenager and returned to it 3 years ago. For the past year and a half I have loaned a horse from a riding school, this has enabled me to gain experience and knowledge in stable management, horse behavior and horse care, along side with riding 6 days a week.
Previous to this, I have been riding for a further one and a half years, having lessons twice a week from a BHSII instructor with extensive experience in schooling and jumping.
I now enjoy taking my 13.2 cob George to local unaffiliated Dressage, SJ and XC events. I am now looking for a career in the equine industry to expand my knowledge and to hopefully find a full time paid job which is also my hobby.
I am currently know as the ‘yard plaiter’ who plaits for all horses and ponies at the riding school for internal and external competitions up to dressage elementary level. I regularly turn my loan pony out for dressage shows which can be a challenge as he is a white cob with feathers who just loves to roll, this has given me great experience in bathing and hot clothing in the colder months. For the past 3 years, I have been lucky enough to ride a wide variety of horses and ponies at different levels and have thoroughly enjoyed seeing the improvement in them throughout our training sessions.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy plaiting and turning out for shows, I also enjoy working with young horses and bringing them on.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Knowledge of feed and horsemanship. I have also never clipped, however I would love to learn!
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
Willingness to learn and grow within the equine industry.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Gain confidence in experiencing different disciplines.
• Do you need accommodation?
Accommodation required if possible.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
2 dogs to care for, enclosed garden if available.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?