- Age 22 years
- Date of Birth 11th June 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Berkshire, UK, Oxfordshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Part Time, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 1st October 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term Flexible on days or hours, either a few hours per day or consecutive longe days in busier periods when needed.
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 week
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’1” / 154cm
- Approximate weight 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Racing Flat, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work Rider, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have worked for a selection of racing yards, both full and part time, as an exercise jockey and stable hand. I also held an Amateur license where I had several rides and 1 winner. Over this year I have spent more time in a small showjumping yard as a groom for a family, riding and caring for their horses. I recently have been working for an eventing and horse development yard, where I gained experience of dressage lessons, jumping and cross country schooling. I mostly focussed on starting and restarting young horses, which I particularly enjoyed.
I think I thrive in working in sole charge, but also work well as a team. I’d say I’m most confident in starting young horses and helping problem horses, especially handling colts and slightly more wired ones to help them find relaxation.
As well as riding, I am able to plait and turn out to a very high standard, as this is something I particularly enjoy.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Apart from this being my passion and career choice, I particularly enjoy starting young horses and helping them develop and progress as they grow.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I’d always like to improve my riding technique, position and form, especially within schooling/flat work. This is an area that although I have done, I have experienced the least.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I have a patient and sympathetic approach to horses, and think this is a key element to working with them, especially youngsters. I enjoy a fast paced and professional atmosphere to a yard, and I strongly believe that it is possible to prioritise the horses’ well-being and dignity through their training whilst running a smooth and efficient yard; in fact I think the two go hand in hand.
I believe I am a calm and confident rider with a unique experience of a wide range of horses, and think I can truly be a helpful addition to a yard.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Looking to start new employed role in late Nov/early Dec. 2020 or to build up freelance work meantime.
I’d always like to gain more riding experience and hours in the saddle. Always more and more time with horses is what I’m looking for, whether that includes groundwork with youngsters or schooling and flatwork.
• Do you need accommodation?
Can be negotiated
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
Freelance groom for a small yard – can be negotiated
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
A commitment for December to a small showjumping yard for Christmas Qualifiers.