- Age 19 years
- Date of Birth 12th March 2001
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 21st September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Housekeeper
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Trailer
- Own car? None
- Height Under 5’0” / 152.40cm
- Approximate weight 13.5st / 85.7kg / 89lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, Classical, College, Dealer, Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Livery, Polo, Pony Club Activities, Racing Flat, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Reining, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Showing, Show Jumping, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Western, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Muck Out, Stallion Handling
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
(Competition yard) :
- Handled young horses and breeding stallions
- Skipped out
- Maintained fields using quad and trailer
- Maintained yard by keeping head collars wrapped when not in use, cleaning up any droppings and picking horses feet before leaving stables
- Provided hay and haylage
- Groomed and washed horses
- Turned out
- Led horses on and off the walker
- Rugged horses
- Cleaned water drinkers
- Tacked up and untacked, cleaned tack
- Night feeds
- Mucked out stalls, tidied muck heap
- Cleaned horse walker using a fuel blower
- Washed horses rugs and boots
- Cleaned kennels – scrubbed and mopped floors, removed dirty bedding and toys
- Provided clean bedding and toys to kennels
- Dog walking – forestry and paddocks.
- Provided toys for the dogs in the paddocks
- Feeding the dogs at lunch time and replacing water
- Washing any dishes
- Washing bedding
- Carried out socialisation activities with the dogs
Practical experience gained during my Level 3 studies included handling, cleaning out, feeding, walking and providing enrichment activities for animals, including: donkeys, alpacas, cats, ferrets, chinchillas, frogs, guinea pigs, snakes, water dragons, bosc monitor lizards, bearded dragons, iguanas, Belgian hares, mini lop rabbits, lionhead rabbits, mice, gerbils, rats, hamsters, birds and dogs.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I am good at working in and out of a team.
I have high standards of cleanliness and presentation which I can apply when maintaining the yard and fields, grooming and washing the horses, mucking out, tacking up and other work such as house work.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
At the end of the day when all the hard work is done, it gives me joy to know that I have been able to give the best possible care to the horses.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve my knowledge and confidence as well as develop my existing skill sets.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a bubbly and caring individual who works well individually as well as with a team. I have a good and strong work ethic who puts 110% Into every task. I am always willing and keen to learn new things and gain hands on experience. I am able to work at a fast pace and keep up with the day.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
My goal is to gain hands on experience as well as broaden my knowledge. I am looking to learn knew things that I can take to every yard such as plaiting and mane pulling. I would also like to learn how to ride.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
None for the hamster and snake.
None directly for the dog however would be convenient if there is a vacant space where I can put an outdoor kennel for him during the day where he can run so he’s not directly on the yard.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
Only the work that I find.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?