- Age 26 years
- Date of Birth 3rd December 1993
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Norfolk, UK, Suffolk, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Full Time, Part Time
- Earliest start date 28th September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Family Yard, Foaling, Livery, Showing, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Lunging, Muck Out, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I currently am working as a freelance groom for a showjumping yard based in South Norfolk, at the moment this is on a part time basis (unless they are away at shows) I realistically am looking for a full time position. I have grown up around and riding horses from a young age within a family who breed and show Dales & Suffolk Punches.
- Solely running a yard (from a day to over a week at times)
- Mucking out
- Turning out
- Handling youngstock
- Handling Stallions
- Handling fit competition horses
- Tacking up
- Light Riding
- Tack Cleaning
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Horses are my passion, I enjoy spending time with them and love the fact I am able to as my job. I also enjoy learning, in the equestrian world you can never stop learning and I want to be able to progress as much as possible, I am currently sitting my BHS Stages.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
My riding confidence is something I would like to improve 100%, I doubt myself to much.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am passionate about my job and care for the horses as they are my own, I am extremely aware of my surroundings and in a horsey environment you always need to be. I like to think of myself as a friendly, outgoing and reliable person who is willing to go the extra mile to help out where necessary as well as take any advice, tips and knowledge onboard.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain more experience in the equestrian world, that is key to me, as I previously said you can never learn enough and I feel there is still so much to learn alongside applying my skills I already have into the job.
• Do you need accommodation?
No, I live fairly local
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
Only my BHS stages – currently once a week for 3 weeks
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?