- Age 23 years
- Date of Birth 15th August 1997
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Permanent, Working Couple
- Earliest start date 30th September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None I am currently Hop picking which end on the 1st october
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Home Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor
- Own car? Car
- Height 6’0” / 182cm
- Approximate weight 11st / 69.9kg / 154lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, Dealer, Family Yard, Foaling, Livery, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rehabilitation, Riding School, Sales, Stud, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Exercise/Hack Out, Maintenance Skills
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I was employed by a family friend to look after there horses, they where not stabled so it was doing daily checks, this involved checking the fences, making sure they had water and enough grass and or hay. Also checking the welfare of the horses as they had various in foal. I also helped breaking in, my job was usually to get them to a point they where safe to sit on and then one of the daughters would polish them off ready to be shown or to sell.
I have also owned two cobs my self, who I looked after daily mucked out, did health checks etc.
I am good at dealing with young stock.
I am good at everyday tasks such as mucking out
I am good at cleaning and could spend hours cleaning tack or carriages.
I am a good all-round handy man and I can turn my hand to most things.
I am a keen worker who is quick to learn
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses? I love being around horses, I think they are very calming they can often teach you a lot about yourself. Plus they are great fun to work with.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve? I would like to improve my riding, I can ride a horse and I am confident hacking, but i would really like to polish up on my schooling skills.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker? I am a friendly hard working person. I am honest and down to earth and I tend to be able to turn my hand to any job. I have got experience with cattle, driving tractors, gardening and Hard landscaping so I am a very useful person to have around. My partner and I make a really good team and tend to be able have different strengths which means we can do pretty much anything as one of us has the know how to do the job in hand.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job? I would like a job which I can see myself doing for a long time, a job where we can settle down and be part of the family. I would like to expand my knowledge around horses such as being able to turn a horse out to show standard.
• Do you need accommodation? Yes
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you? One Horse and One dog.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments? No
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of? No