- Age 53 years
- Date of Birth 26th March 1967
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Suffolk, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 4th October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Manager
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’4” / 162cm
- Approximate weight 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, Family Yard, Foaling, Livery, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Reining, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Stud, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Western, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
I have worked with all animals all of my life. I grew up with goats, chickens, cats, dogs, hamsters, budgies, canaries and parrots, mice, guinea pigs, rabbits and tropical fish. I rode horses from about 8 years old then got my first horse when I was 10. I showed yearlings and did a lot of riding including a little dressage with a variety of horses. More recently my work has involved taking care of my employers horses, dogs and cats. I also help out at my neighbour’s goat farm. They have cattle too.
My speciality has always been proper nutrition, exquisitely maintained stables, suitably exercised to individual requirements and groomed to perfection and a whole lot of love and attention to detail for each particular animals needs and requirements.
I have a dog first aid qualification. I am a Canine Flow practitioner, this is a unique, heart-based form of dog training, working with a dog’s emotions to influence and transform their behaviour. I am also proficient with The Trust Technique for all animals which uses mindfulness and focused presence techniques as a basis for resolving problems and enhancing communication.
My particular skill is my adaptability. I am equally capable of recruiting and managing a team of staff and running a successful business as I am at walking dogs, grooming horses or cleaning stables. I can work well on my own or be part of a happy team. I love learning and utilising new technology as it becomes available. I have great energy due to my own fruitarian diet so I understand how important proper nutrition is to our pets as well as correct exercise, clean beds, sunshine and a happy well balanced lifestyle so I thrive on creating the right environment for the animals in my care to shine.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses? I love the variety to my days. I love that the horses mirror to me where I am at emotionally, mindfully and spiritually. I love the intimate communication that we share. I love the challenges that each horse brings and the fulfilment that I feel inside as we learn to communicate together. I enjoy the physical work of lifting heavy sacks and bales and mucking out lots of stables as well as the fitness required to exercise and manage the horses, this motivates me to eat the right foods and keep myself in peak condition. I enjoy working as a team and sharing the highs and the lows with my colleagues.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve? I enjoy work that will challenge me to learn new skills and continually grow me to become a kinder person.
• Why should employers consider you? You can trust me to care for your animals and business with the same care and consideration that you would take. I come with extensive knowledge and experience of running several successful businesses including managing a team of staff as well as expertise in animal nutrition and husbandry. I love working around animals and children.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job? My dream life is to spend my days with animals. I love to enrich the life of each animal that comes into my care.
• Do you need accommodation? Yes
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you? Safe location ideally away from any roads.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments? No
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of? No