- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 8th April 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, United States of America
- County/State/Region Australia, Gloucestershire, UK, Herefordshire, UK, West Midlands, UK, Worcestershire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 1st November 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Manager, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’10” / 177cm
- Approximate weight 12.5st / 79.4kg / 175lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Carriage Driving, College, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Reining, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Training Yard/Positions, Western, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work Rider, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have worked with horses my whole life until a recent career change, however I am potentially looking to return to working the equine industry.
I have worked with all types of horses from fit competition horses, Young stock, stallions as well as horses from all disciplines.
I have worked mostly in eventing however I myself have competed most in dressage within BD at Novice level but working at elementary at home with a horse I had produced myself.
I have completed all stable duties including day to day yard running which has included sole charge, show preparation, first aid, riding and hacking and lunging and long reigning.
I have also groomed at multiple events which included working under pressure and to deadlines with multiple horses. I have always aimed to turn out to a very high standard at events.
My experience includes working with eventing stallions and eventing yards which had multiple youngsters being exposed to their first events, I have also had some experiences working with high level dressage horses.
I am currently working as a police constable in Gloucestershire. This role has provided me with a wealth of experience that would translate amazingly into the equine industry. I have worked under pressure, I have excellent communications and people skills. I also have good IT knowledge and have experience in admin. I have managed incidents and as a result have worked and lead teams.
My current role (Although not equine) has provided me with excellent communication skills, IT skills, working under pressure and to deadlines, prioritising tasks and working alone as well as part of a team.
I have experience in all day to day yard duties from handling, turn out, feeding, skipping out and mucking out to high standards, rugging up, tacking up, first aid and hacking and schooling.
I also have experience in working with stallions, youngsters and fit competition horses. I have worked in a show environment which means again working effectively and to a time limit or deadline whilst still maintaining a high turnout standard.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I thrive in an environment of hard work and being busy. I love working outdoors and with animals, horses obviously being the favourite. I enjoy working hard in a team however I am also capable of working alone to the same high standard.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would love the opportunity to further my skills and learning. I would also appreciate riding opportunities as it’s what I truly love to better myself in. I also embrace any opportunity to further my career path. Any avenue to improve even the smallest skills will be embraced.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I will work hard and aim to improve at any given opportunity. I am an excellent team player but again I am more than capable and happy to work alone. I take pride in what I do and have a good attention to detail. But the main reason is I love working with horses and i love what I do.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to further my skills and career path.
• Do you need accommodation?
No I have my own home so as long as it is a reasonable commute I would not require accommodation.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?