- Age 22 years
- Date of Birth 14th March 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales
- County/State/Region Shropshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Part Time
- Earliest start date 16th October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 4 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines College, Dealer, Dressage, Endurance, Family Yard, Livery, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Showing, Show Jumping, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Stallion Handling, Teach, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have ridden and owned horses since 2011, and in 2015 I received my first horse job at Springhill farm where I took clients out for hacks/day rides, backed youngsters and with support trained them to be client horses. My main duties were bringing in the horses for the day, feeding them, grooming them, tacking them up, assisting clients with mounting and dismounting. I also taught beginners/novice riders the basics of riding. Along with bathing horses, mucking out stables, turning horses out, holding for a farrier or a vet. I also bought my own horse which was a real challenge to say the least but with time and patience we worked together to become fit and just before the end of our time together we completed unaffiliated show jumping which was my dream to achieve on this particular pony. Due to starting my own family and getting married last year, I have had 2 years off riding. However I have started to get back into it and I now regularly ride a horse that I part loan.
I am a very adaptable person enabling me to be able handle a variety of different horses such as youngsters, stallions, strong headed horses.
I am a very punctual person as I believe it’s very important to be on time and prepared.
I can work alone and use my own initiative or on the other hand I can also work in a team and contribute my ideas or I can listen and take instructions.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I absolutely adore being in the company of horses and have done from a very young age , they give me so much pleasure and happiness. I also love achieving things with younger horses and seeing mine and their development that gives me great sense of satisfaction. An addition to this I love making a horses stable all fresh and clean putting fresh water and hay nets in and bringing the horse from the field and putting them in for the evening all tucked up.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I’d love to improve my general knowledge of horses, I have also been taught to get up and go on a horse but I’d love to understand the biology of horses and what different techniques that can be used to improve a horses muscles or comfort.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I’d be very grateful to be considered a job working with horses as this is my life long dream to get back into horses full time. I’m a hardworking very honest person that I believe would make a great addition to any team. Also I am very passionate about this as it’s my dream and I’d put 110% into an equine based role.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I’d like to muck out, groom, tack up, general yard duties, schooling, hacking and showing or taking clients out on horses.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I have a child
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?