- Age 22 years
- Date of Birth 25th July 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Dorset, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 1st October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Home Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Carriage Driving, Classical, College, Dealer, Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Horse Transport, Hunting, Livery, P2P, Polo, Pony Club Activities, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Reining, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Team Chase, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses and other Animals.
I’ve grown up riding horses. I had my first shetland at the age of 3. I now have a 3 year old new forest pony and a 3 year old thoroughbred.
I grew up in Tenerife, I learnt to ride on a tourist trekking yard. I regularly attended pony camps here where we had to look after all the horses, from feeding, mucking out and tacking up for clients. I also used to help take groups out and give them pointers on how to ride.
In 2014 I flew to Argentina to work on a puma reserve for the summer. I helped look after and learnt loads about lots of different animals. Some of these animals were pumas, horses, llamas, monkeys, owls and eagles and water rats.
I also got some work experience on a livery yard over the summer in 2015. My daily jobs were turning out, mucking out, feeding, grooming, bringing in, poo picking and I got to exercise a few horses.
I then worked on a home yard alongside my Go Ape job summer 2018. This included turning out, mucking out, feeding, grooming, bringing in, poo picking and hacking. I also got to look after sheep, donkeys, chickens, dogs, rabbits and a yard cat.
In April 2020 I started work at a livery yard.
Thanks to my past jobs working in professional kitchens I work well in high pressure environments. During my time instructing at Go Ape I learnt the importance of great customer service. I have always been eager to learn and master new skills. Above all I pride myself on being punctual.
I’ve had quite a bit of experience with youngsters as I’ve had one of my ponys since he was 8 months old. At my last livery Job I was handling three young colts daily.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I like the routine you find working on a yard but also the challenges you can face everyday. Theres a lot of problem solving when it comes to horses as they tend to be such characters.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I haven’t had a lot of experience clipping, plaiting and turning out for shows so i’d like the opportunity to improve my skills there.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I’m eager, hardworking and enthusiastic. I always put animals first. I pride myself on being efficient and punctual.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I believe that any experience is good. I enjoy pushing my self to do new things that might be out of my comfort zone. From my next job I’d like to feel like I’m gaining any new skills.
• Do you need accommodation?
I currently live in Christchurch and do have a car so I am happy to drive. However if my next job is too far id be looking for accommodation.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I currently own a dog, a rabbit, a horse and a pony.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?