- Age 21 years
- Date of Birth 2nd August 1999
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Europe
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 31st October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Competition Groom, Stud Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’2” / 157cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Travelling Horses by Sea or Air
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have worked in many different areas of the equine industry, I’ve worked in top racing yards and some quieter yards, eventing yards and also done some freelance work helping people with issues they’re having with their own horses. I’ve helped people get their horses to load and dealt with behaviour issues on the ground and whilst being ridden. I was also doing some freelance work breaking in youngsters and making sure they were having the best start in life possible. Horses have always been a big part of my life as I was sitting on ponies before I could walk.
I attended a 9 week course at the British racing school in Newmarket and passed with flying colours and from there went to work for Mark Johnston as a work rider. I
I can work alone, so sole charge wouldn’t be an issue and I also work well within a team environment. I can plait and turn out for shows at a very high standard and have won best turned out on many occasions. One of these being a race meeting at ‘Glorious Goodwood.’
I can handle all horses extremely well with a very high level of confidence and I can ride to a high standard.
Strengths and Weaknesses
Working with horses is such a rewarding career. And they’re such lovely animals to be around.
I would like to improve my riding and to be able to ride to my highest ability.
Employers should consider me because I’m a very hard worker and make sure everything is completed to a very high standard.
I would like to improve my all around knowledge of the equine world and work within many different areas.
Yes I would prefer accommodation.
Yes, I have a small white cat called Poppy, i rescued her as a 3 week old kitten and hand raised her, so we are joined at the hip.
I have no ongoing commitments.
I do have a couple of holidays coming up, I have 14 days in November from the 16th to the 30th.
And a holiday booked in May from the 5th to the 22nd, this is a family holiday that has been rebooked due to Corona-virus, but still unsure if it will be going ahead due to a family members Ill health.