- Age 23 years
- Date of Birth 31st May 1997
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cheshire, UK, Derbyshire, UK, Durham, UK, East Yorkshire, UK, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom, Lancashire, UK, Leicestershire, UK, North Yorkshire, UK, Nottinghamshire, UK, South Yorkshire, UK, West Yorkshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 11th October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2-4 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Trailer, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 11st / 69.9kg / 154lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dealer, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Horse Transport, Hunting, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rehabilitation, Retail, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Team Chase, Trekking, Western, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have worked with horses from the age of 12, I have extensive knowledge and experience both in the saddle and on the ground. With my own horses I have mainly focused on hunting, holding the position of second field Master with the Readyfield Bloodhounds for 2 seasons until the loss of my horse. With my own horses, I have also competed successfully at Showing, mainly with M&M, TGCA, SSA and WH.
I am enthusiastic about Show Jumping competing unaffiliated up to 1.10m and in Dressage up to Elementary gaining 70%+ each time.
From the age of 18-22 I worked as a freelance groom and rider. I worked on many different yards for many different people across multiple disciplines.
Alongside my freelance work I help a part time role on an Irish Imports and Sales yard, where I was in charge of the day to day care, exercising and training. I also assisted with viewings both from the ground and on the horse, as well as grooming on away days. I also assisted with the For Sale videos and pictures.
I have worked on breeding yards, showjumping Yards, Full livery, Hunting yards, riding schools, small racing yards and family run private yards. Within these roles I have gained the experience of Carrying out the following duties to an extremely high standard; plaiting, clipping, riding, training, Mucking our, competing, handling fit horses, handling foals and young stock, hunting across the country, and general yard care, horse and human first aid, grooming at competitions and out hunting, working efficiently to maintain excellent standards at a good pace.
Currently I hold the position as Yard Manager on a 5* Full livery yard where I’m in control of a team of up to 8 staff. I am in full charge of the 60 acres, all of the field, facility and stable maintenance including arena, gallops and XC course. Within my role I’m responsible for the outstanding care of 24 horses, and the excellent communication to all of their owners. I also keep several of the horses in fitness, organise Clinics, advertise the facility hire and maintain a friendly, calm environment for all the liveries.
I am a well rounded individual, not only do I have years of equine experience, I also have experience with large machinery and DIY. I have the ability to drive Tractors, Telli-Handlers, Mowers, Quad bikes and I hold my full driving and towing license.
Many of my equine roles have included ground work, such as rolling, harrowing and grading. Putting up post and rail/Post and tape fencing. I have also helped maintain and improve wooden/breeze block stables. I can confidently use a Drill and Saw.
Due to my personable and can-do attitude, I’m good at working in all kinds of situations. I am happy to take sole charge, making swift difficult decisions without the need for input, keeping my work days full and productive. I am also happy working in a team, helping to keep everyone enthusiastic and dedicated to the task at hand, following orders precisely and without quarrel. Also, I have experience with being in charge of a team, I can raise moral and keep a happy hard working team, using each member of staff to their full potential. Likewise I know when to step down if the owner wishes me to do so.
Young and green horses are my passion, I find providing a horse with a solid base and knowledge of the basics allows them to reach their full potential with confidence. I am a very patient rider, as well as being balanced and confident allowing me to work effectively with any young or inexperienced horse.
Turning horses out to a high standard is one of my key skills, clipping, bathing and plaiting, with a keen eye and attention to detail enables me to get fantastic results.
Strengths and Weaknesses
One of the things I most enjoy about working with horses, is seeing their progress, both in their education and their muscle tone and growth. I have taken many horses on their first days hunting, as well as having trained and produced them ready for that day. I can tailor a horses training to ensure they have impeccable manners whilst mounted, and have enough experience in new situations to allow their first day out hunting to be successful. I throughly enjoying training horses for hunting and seeing them flourish out on the hunting field.
Although I have gained many years experience through working with horses, I am always eager to improve myself . I am aiming to take my HGV driving test. I would also like to further my ability within riding, both on the flat, and over fences, to help me compete to a higher level both showjumping and Dressage.
I am a dedicated, hard working and reliable person. I pride myself on my high quality work and I’m always looking to improve. I’m mature with a good sense of humour. I’ve always been a trust worthy person, which has helped me succeed in the roles I have previously held. I can take criticism and I’m always happy to alter the way I work and ride to suit who I am working for. I am a professional person, who will work hard and produce excellent results for any employer who can appreciate these traits.
In my next job I’m looking for the opportunity to ride as well as help care for quality horses.
Accommodation is not essential however is preferable, for myself and my partner, who is currently looking for a job as a handyman/groundskeeper.
I have a very well behaved 6 year old dog who I need to bring with me to work. She is exceptionally well behaved, fantastic with people and children and stays out of the way when around horses.
I currently hold a full time position as Yard manager and would need to provide ample notice before starting a new job.
I have 3 days in January booked away for my fathers birthday, but otherwise have no other commitments. I’m also happy to work Christmas Day.