- Age 29 years
- Date of Birth 27th August 1991
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, United States of America, Other
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Working Couple
- Earliest start date 1st November 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 2 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Head Person, Manager, Other
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Trailer, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 6’0” / 182cm
- Approximate weight 11.5st / 73kg / 161lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, Dealer, Eventing, Family Yard, Horse Transport, Hunting, P2P, Racing NH, Rehabilitation, Sales, Show Jumping, Team Chase, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Work Rider, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have ridden and owned horses and ponies since I was a small child and it was only natural that a decided to pursue a career in the equine industry. I have hunted since I was little and have been able to enjoy days visiting many packs throughout the UK. I studied a degree in Equine Science at the Royal Agricultural University, graduating with a 2:1 in July 2012. Whilst at university I kept my own horse and worked for Event rider Harry Meade, during the summer breaks. In my final year I combined my studies with a full time job on a Point-to-Point yard where I took sole charge of 7 Pointers, undertaking all the fitness work, including fast work and schooling over fences, and day to care, up to travelling them to the races and leading up in the paddock. I remained at this yard for a number of years after I graduated and combined working there with freelance riding and grooming work. This included returning to Harry Meades yard and riding for international event rider Clark Montgomery. Following this, I spent a year as sole charge groom for the Saturday Field Master of the Beaufort Hunt. I was then offered an opportunity to work as head groom and rider on a top yard in Ireland producing youngsters for racing, eventing, hunting and showjumping and worked there from December 2014 to July 2016 before returning to England as sole charge groom for a Master of the Berkeley Hunt.
I have since undertaken a position at Weatherbys as the supervisor of the Point-to-Point department and have developed my administration and managerial skills in this role, whilst continuing to ride for local Event Rider, Matt Earth.
I have enjoyed successes in team chasing and continue to compete when I can, and enjoy returning to Ireland to Hunt.
Competent computer skills
Working as a team
Fast learner and willing to learn new skills
Breaking in young horses
Handling and riding difficult horses
Equine care and first aid
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoying being around horses and get a great sense of contempt from looking after them. I continually strive to further my knowledge and experiences with them and have recently qualified as an Equine Sports Massage Therapist.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am an incredibly dedicated person who puts the care of the horses above anything else. I am hard working and loyal and treat each horse as an individual.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I am looking for a position for life where I can put my skills to use to the benefit of the horses, whilst continuing to learn.
• Do you need accommodation?
This depends on the position, I would be prepared to move and so would then need accommodation.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?