- Age 64 years
- Date of Birth 11th October 1956
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Ireland
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 28th September 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period Two weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Part of a Team, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Family Yard, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Show Jumping, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I’ve has ridden since childhood and have many years of experience with horses and ponies, including thoroughbreds, and equestrian activities and has always had an affinity with horses and ponies. Two of my children have been selected to represent their Province in South Africa as KwaZulu-Natal Equestrian Team Members as Children, Juniors and, in the case of my daughter, adults in various disciplines annually over the years travelling throughout South Africa. I’ve always been deeply involved in the care of the horses and ponies and meticulous in making sure they were happy and always enjoyed a healthy farm life with plenty of hacking out and fun rather than just constant schooling and competitions.
I’m also passionate about horse-racing and bloodstock in general having first been introduced to horse-racing and the bloodstock industry at an early age. Throughout her life I’ve has followed worldwide racing and the THB bloodstock news with great enthusiasm. I started to keep breeding and bloodstock line records of my own and is still most interested in this aspect of the Thoroughbred Industry. By the age of 13 I was riding work every week-end or vacation possible at a local training yard in Warwickshire.
I participated in the Racing Secretary Course at the British Racing School in 2018. I would enjoy employment that utilises this passion for horses and thoroughbred racing or the bloodstock industry, as well as her Secretariat/Administration and Research skills and my interpersonal skills, whether on a temporary or full-time basis. I love working with horses and would be happy to work in a stable yard as general help with the horses; I can groom, rug up, lead horses to the Walker or wherever, clean stables, fill hay nets, feed and water, etc. I have a general ability to muck in and get on with it. Ideally, I’d like to combine my love of horses with my administrative, secretrial and research skills in a busy competition yard or with a family.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I can work with others or alone and have many non-equine skills – administrative, secretarial and research.
Am excellent at communication and working as a team player, as well as organised, prepared to “muck in”, and always glad to learn!
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Their individual characteristics, willingness to please, overall care for them and making them feel good about life
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Clipping, turn-out, first aid care
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
Hopefully, by offering a wide choice of skills I can provide as well as muturity, being totally conscientious and dependable, discreet and able to fit in.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
More experience and to use my various skills sets.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?