- Age 26 years
- Date of Birth 15th September 1994
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, The EU, Europe, United States of America, United Arab Emirates, Other
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 1st November 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 4 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand, Other, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’4” / 162cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Family Yard, Foaling, Livery, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Sales, Stud, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Broodmares, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Management Skills, Muck Out, Sales Preparation, School, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have owned horses since I was 10 years old, and ridden for as long as I can remember. I have a BSc Equine Science and Welfare Management, from which I went to become Yard Manager at a busy stud farm, Country Farm Stud., where I held this position for 2 years. I was then offered a position as Equine Technical Advisor at Carr & Day & Martin, but following an unexpected redundancy due to the sale of the company, I am now employed as a care worker to keep busy during the current Covid pandemic.
I have extensive experience lone working, as have had sole charge of a stud farm, which often involved staying after hours to manage foaling, late lock up of the yard, after-hours collections. During my time at the stud, I was required to manage young students, organise and delegate tasks and responsibilities, as well as manage farrier, vet, physio visits. I have experience with broodmares, foaling, youngsters, backing and breaking and handling stallions through this position.
My position as ETA at Carr & Day & Martin also involved managing my own diary, travelling across the country to visit sales representatives and manage various accounts in areas that were vacant, as well as international travel to help manage and sell to oversees customers and clients. This job involved B2B sales, as well as B2C sales at shows and trade fairs, but primarily focused on providing technical support and training for both the sales team, and UK and international accounts.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Horses have always been the centre of my life. They provide a new challenge every single day, and no two days are the same. They are incredible animals, mostly because they are each so different in their quirks, personalities and character.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Due to being able to delegate tasks at the stud farm, and never being a particularly competitive rider, my bandaging and plaiting skills are definitely not where they should be.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I have experience both in a sales and technical support role, as well as a yard manager. This means that I have exceptional customer service skills, I can organise a diary very well, and am experienced in managing a team of staff.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like my next role to challenge me even further. I enjoy both working on a yard, as well as in admin/office based positions, and I am desperate to get back into a job that I can sink my teeth into.
• Do you need accommodation?
Depending on location of position.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have one very well behaved dog, Fester, who is my shadow and would need to come with me. I have a horse, Molly, who if possible it would be beneficial to bring her as well, but this is not a necessity, as she is semi-retired now.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
I do have two weeks booked in November. 13th – 27th.