- Age 23 years
- Date of Birth 10th October 1997
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Wiltshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 18th October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period Seasonal job ending.
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Home Groom, Stud Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 11.5st / 73kg / 161lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, Family Yard, Horse Transport
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
August 2020 – Current:
Full Time Polo Groom – Max Hutchinson
My duties include grooming at polo matches, exercising the ponies at home, bandaging, general day to day horse care.
May 2018 – Sept 2018:
Full Time Stud Groom – B and W Equine Vets
My duties included assisting with scanning mares/veterinary procedures such as embryo transfer, assisting with stallion collections and holding the teaser mare, handling and exercising the two resident stallions, injecting mares intramuscularly, being on call.
July 2016 – March 2018:
Full Time Apprentice/Head Groom – Sarah Stewart Equine.
I started working for Sarah Stewart Equine as an apprentice groom; my duties included day to day general horse care, clipping and show preparation, grooming at competitions, managing my course work, training towards completing modules and passing riding assessments. Following completion of my apprenticeship I was promoted to head groom, my duties then expanded to include keeping track of horse’s vaccination records, management of feed and exercise programmes, management of staff rotas, communicating with clients and liveries, occasional sole charge.
September 2012 – June 2016:
Part Time Stud Groom – Whitley Stud.
My duties included assisting with foalings and other veterinary procedures (such as scanning and stitching mares, plasma transfusions in foals, etc); driving quads and trailers; and leading young horses (including colts and mares with foals), general day to day horse care.
September 2007 – June 2013:
Part Time Groom – Sue Godwin – Hunt Livery Yard.
I started helping Sue on the yard at a young age, as I was so keen to be around horses and ‘learn the ropes’. My duties included general day to day care, hunting and riding the horses at home.
I am a competent rider, and am comfortable working alone or as part of a team to complete general day to day yard chores. I have a touch of OCD when it comes to mucking out/tidying the yard and like things to look tidy and well presented. I love show prep, including clipping, bathing, and plaiting. I also have experience working at a vets so have a good knowledge of equine first aid.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy morning stables! I find it very satisfying to have a barn of clean stables, and horses happily munching on their hay.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I always look to improve my riding, there’s always plenty to improve on!
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I work very hard, and will stay until the job is done, not be watching the clock. I look after horses in my care as if they were my own, and have a high attention to detail. I am happy to work as part of a team, or take sole charge if required.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Ideally I would love to work towards my teaching qualifications, but this is not essential. I would love opportunities to ride and improve my skills.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
Only looking after my own Shetland pony!
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?