- Age 20 years
- Date of Birth 7th January 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Europe
- County/State/Region Denmark
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 1st October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period No
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? None
- Height 5’3” / 160cm
- Approximate weight 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Livery, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality Danish
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Stallion Handling, Teach, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I am 20 years old and currently taking a break from studying, before applying for veterinary school next year. Therefore i am looking for a meaningful job until then, that will give me experience. Previously i have worked with horses for several years, both as a riding guide in the nature surrounding my workplace and as a ridinginstructor for children. Every summer i work at an amusement park where we offer horseback riding for children or people with dissabilities. My job at the amusement park contains riding, assisting riders, feeding, mucking out, handling young horses, backing young horses and other general care that comes with a large herd of horses. Besides working woth horses i have been a rider myself all my life. I competed here in Denmark on my former pony and a little on horses. I like my horses to be obedient, willing, energetic and content. I have educated horses up till 1.30 and i especially like to have my groundwork in place. I personally like to vary my riding between schooling(jumping, flatwork, polework), hacking and lunging.
- Working indepently aswell as working in a team
- Handling young and sensitive horses
- Keeping the stable neat and tidy
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
My absolute favorite thing about working with horses is the bond that you are able to develop with every horse, and the gratitude from the work that you put in to them. I love being part of every individul horse´s development.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I´d love to improve my riding, as i believe you never stop learning, and that the only way to become a better rider is riding more and riding different horses.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a very positive, hardworking girl, who is very eager to learn more and discover many new aspects of the “horse-world”.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to take care of either dressage or showjumping horses, and if possible ride horses aswell. I am looking to gain more experience.
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes. As i will be moving from Denmark.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?