- Age 22 years
- Date of Birth 3rd January 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 13th October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 week
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom, Stud Hand, Housekeeper, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines College, Dealer, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Livery, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been around horses since I was three years old. I have been lucky enough to own 3 very different horses over the last 10 years – they have all taught me different skills. I am passionate about horses and their welfare. My gelding is an RSPCA rescue and my sister also has a rescue which we got from the same centre as my gelding 10 years ago. I have learned a lot about horses over my time as an owner, and I feel that I have learned things that you couldn’t learn in a classroom. I can identify illnesses and injuries such as colic,cushings, laminitis, lameness and more. I can use my initiative to treat minor injuries and know when a vet is needed. I am a confident rider and I can school (although not to a competition standard), hack and jump. I have ridden ponies that are very green after just being broken in, and I also broke my own horse in. I have also ridden well schooled and experienced horses. In the past I owned an ex racehorse who was a gentle giant but also needed to be ridden in a completely different way to my other horses. Riding an ex racehorse really helped me advance my riding abilities. My other horse which I owned was a very large 17.2hh Irish Draught cross Appaloosa. He was very large and strong and he knew that he was. He challenged me daily and had not been schooled correctly in his younger days so he was a project for me and again he taught me new skills and encouraged me to be persistent and patient with him. All three horses which I have owned have all required me to ride differently and have taught me new skills. I am skilled at clipping, bathing and grooming – my younger sister competes in Dressage and show jumping and I am her groom for bathing and plaiting and preparing her pony for the shows. I have worked on a livery yard where I have turned out up to 15 horses per day, mucked out their stables, filled their water buckets and hay nets and brought them back into the stables and changed their rugs and removed boots where needed. I am a very hard worker and I am the kind of person that always strives to do my upmost in all tasks. I take pride in my work and I like to work to a high standard to create a positive reputation for my work.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• I have excellent customer service skills and sales skills which I have gained working in a non-equine based role. These skills will be very transferable to a sales/livery yard or a yard where they have visitors etc.
• I would like to learn new skills and develop the ones I have. I believe that under the right guidance I could become a yard manager or be trusted with sole charge. I would like to improve my plaiting, clipping and pulling skills and also improve my riding if the opportunity arose.
• I am an extremely hard worker and I would be an asset to a team. I enjoy working as a team as I find that we all motivate each other and inspire each other to work harder. However, I also work very well alone as it is my own reputation that I am building.
• I am looking for a career with a live in position available.
• I am looking for any career within the equine industry, I will work extremely hard at any role.
• I don’t have any animals to bring with me, but if there was a chance to bring a dog, I would be interested in fostering a dog from a rescue centre but it is not necessary.
• I am available to start immediately, with only 1 week notice period in my current role.
• I don’t have any holidays currently booked, however I would like occasional days off to visit my partner who lives in Devon. (Job roles based in Devon or surrounding areas would be a huge bonus but not requirement)