- Age 17 years
- Date of Birth 11th March 2003
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland
- County/State/Region Avon, UK, Bedfordshire, UK, Berkshire, UK, Buckinghamshire, UK, Cambridgeshire, UK, Channel Islands, Cheshire, UK, Cleveland, UK, Cornwall, UK, Cotswolds, Cumberland, UK, Derbyshire, UK, Devon, UK, Dorset, UK, Durham, UK, East Anglia, East Sussex, UK, East Yorkshire, UK, Essex, UK, Gloucestershire, UK, Greater London, UK, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom, Hampshire, UK, Herefordshire, UK, Hertfordshire, UK, Humberside, UK, Huntingdonshire, UK, Ireland, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, UK, Kent, UK, Lanarkshire, Lancashire, UK, Leicestershire, UK, Lincolnshire, UK, London, Merseyside, UK, Middlesex, UK, Monmouthshire, New South Wales, Norfolk, UK, North Yorkshire, UK, Northamptonshire, UK, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland, UK, Northumberland, UK, Nottinghamshire, UK, Oxfordshire, UK, Republic of Ireland, Rutland, UK, Scotland, UK, Shropshire, UK, Somerset, UK, South Yorkshire, UK, Southern Ireland, Staffordshire, UK, Suffolk, UK, Surrey, UK, Tyne and Wear, UK, Wales, UK, Warwickshire, UK, West Midlands, UK, West Sussex, UK, West Yorkshire, UK, Westmorland, UK, Wiltshire, UK, Worcestershire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Full Time, Part Time
- Earliest start date 3rd November 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period Yes
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Riding Instructor
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None
- Own car? None
- Height 5’2” / 157cm
- Approximate weight Under 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Classical, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Livery, Polo, Pony Club Activities, Riding School, Showing, Show Jumping, Therapeutic Riding
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
- Experience with Horses
I started riding at a riding school when I was 7 years old since then I have completed pony club badges and riding certificates. I spent 8/9 years at one riding school before I moved on to loan my own horse for 6 months, I was then lucky enough to get given a 13.3 cob who I kept at a diy yard and re broke in after she had a filly, I have now had her for over two years. After I left high school I went to The Berkshire College Of Agriculture and did a one year course studying equine management and horse care within that I gained hours of work experience in college and at Ealing Riding School where I spent two weeks, whilst at college I also gained my BHS ride safe award and my future plans were to gain the other BHS awards to be able to teach.
I feel I am particularly good at working alone or helping others when they need it, I feel I am also good at plaiting up manes as with my cob it’s always a good idea to plait up when it’s hot. I feel I am very good working with children of all ages and also the elderly generation too. I have been riding just over ten years and love to help try and give friends or others tips and advice on how they can work their horses better, I often help my friends when jumping and riding to give tips on how to be better.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I most enjoy being able to ensure they are happy throughout the day and are the most comfortable they could be for example ensuring they have a lovely bed and have been grooming correctly.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to improve my confidence in a work place as I am quite shy and nervous and feel my passion for horses needs to be brought out so I can gain confidence in all aspects. I also feel like I want to be able to clip well, learn more about boots and learn how to help coach people when riding.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I believe they should consider me more than anyone else because my passion for horses will never fade and I’m not doing this apprenticeship because I don’t know what else to do with my life I am doing it because it has been my passion for over ten years and this is the career I want. I am hard working, enthusiastic, caring and a polite girl who just wants the chance to improve my confidence and get a chance somewhere new and different.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain more experience and confidence with both horses and others in the workplace.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I do have a horse that I would like to consider bringing with me but this is not a must.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?