- Age 61 years
- Date of Birth 10th November 1958
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Berkshire, UK, Buckinghamshire, UK, Cotswolds, Devon, UK, Dorset, UK, East Sussex, UK, Gloucestershire, UK, Hampshire, UK, Hertfordshire, UK, Kent, UK, Middlesex, UK, Oxfordshire, UK, Somerset, UK, Surrey, UK, Warwickshire, UK, West Sussex, UK, Wiltshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 15th November 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period none
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Trailer, 3.5t, 7.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 11.5st / 73kg / 161lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Carriage Driving, Family Yard, Foaling, Horse Transport, Hunting, Livery, Polo, Sales, Showing, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Veterinary Experience, Work Rider, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have worked with horses all of my adult life, with a verity of types of horses, (last 35 years mostly Arabians), Stud work, driving horses, showing both ridden and in hand at top level.
I have just taken voluntary redundancy from my job of 40 years, running a private stables, (as the owner is cutting down greatly). Showing Arabian horses both in hand and under saddle, as well as caring for the family’s horses. Also breeding up to 5 Arabian horses, a year, using the owners own stallions, also AI work.
Lone working. Working to a high standard. Working in a small team, or over seeing a small team. Turning horses out to a high standard (produced a number of National Champions, HOYS winners, taken Arabians to the World Championships, with great success) Experienced in all stud work, from handling stallions, young stock, foaling etc.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses? After all these years with horses, I can not imagine being without them in my life,
• Is there anything you’d like to improve? I am always try and improve everything in my work with horses, and still quiz all professional I meet in the line of my work. I will never stop learning, though I find that the horses teach me the most.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker? I still love my life with horses, and am now looking for something new to challenge myself towards the end of my career. With all my experience it would be a shame to put all that to waist.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job? To continue my enjoyment working with horses.
• Do you need accommodation? If possible, but not essential
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you? A Labrador.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments? No
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of? No