- Age 18 years
- Date of Birth 1st March 2002
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 9th October 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term Any days
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, Family Yard, Livery, Polo, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Showing
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Muck Out, Plait, Ride
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Riding, driving, breaking and showing Heavy Horses, I worked with my Grandfather with our three Shires.
Ive been around horses most of my life as my grandparents ran a diy livery yard, and at the age of 10 my grandad and i got a 10 year old Shire mare. Who we had for 4 years. In those 4 years we broke her in properly to ride and drive and did quite a bit of showing.
Two years into those 4 we bought a 3 year old Shire gelding, who basically came to us compleatly untrained. So, we broke him in and once he was ready we took him with us showing as well.
Then we were given a 9 month old Shire colt. Slowly we trained him, and then when he was old enough we broke him as well. After lots of training he and our gelding were shown and worked as a pair.
On June 2016 our beloved mare was sadly put to sleep. And on September 2016 we bought a 2 year old shire mare, who became my project ‘pony’. I started to gradually break her to ride with the help of a family friend who is a riding instructor. When she was ready I started to show her in in-hand classes and ridden heavy classes, and she did very well.
We did quite a lot of showing for two people with 3 huge horses. During that time I qualified 3 times for the National Shire Horse Young Handler of the Year.
I wouldnt say that I am compleatly skilled in anything, theres always room for improvement.
But, I have some skill in handling young horses, plating (mainly for heavy horses), breaking/backing (my own horses), showing (heavy horses) and driving.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• I enjoy working with horses because they are beautiful and fascinating animals. And I love learning more about them and working with them.
• Genral horsemanship skills – always willing to learn
• I am hard working, reliable, available for immediate start, have own tansport, clean driving licence and willing to learn.
• Experience, improving my skills, learning new skills.
• Depends on traveling distance
• I do not have any animals
• I do not have any ongoing commitments
• I do not have any holidays booked