- Age 41 years
- Date of Birth 20th February 1979
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, United States of America, Other
- County/State/Region Canada, East Sussex, UK, Kent, UK, London, Spain, Surrey, UK, West Sussex, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time
- Earliest start date 8th November 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Other, Housekeeper, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’4” / 162cm
- Approximate weight 12st / 76.2kg / 168lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines College, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Livery, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Stud
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have ridden since the age of 10 and worked at a local riding school at weekends and during school holidays throughout my years at school. I then went on to study and complete BHS stages 1&2 Stable Management and Riding. From the age 17-23 I worked in full time employment at a variety of establishments. From then I have loaned horses or worked part time with them. I am able to ride and school horses and turnout to a high standard.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I am well organised, work off my own initiative, work well on my own or in a team. Efficient and have an eye for detail. I am able to work with a variety of horse breeds and disciplines.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses? I feel at peace around horses and enjoy the bonds you develop working and caring for them.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve? Some riding techniques, clipping.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
Working now in rescue and rehabilitation I have empathy and an understanding of working, handling and caring for animals. I am dedicated, hard working and eager to learn.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job? I would like to work and gain job satisfaction. Working in rescue would be the dream but I am also happy to be involved as part of a family.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?