- Age 22 years
- Date of Birth 10th March 1998
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales
- County/State/Region Derbyshire, UK, Herefordshire, UK, Shropshire, UK, Staffordshire, UK, Wales, UK, West Midlands, UK, Worcestershire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time
- Earliest start date 12th October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Home Groom, Stud Groom, Stud Hand
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’4” / 162cm
- Approximate weight 12st / 76.2kg / 168lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Hunting, Livery, Polo, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Western
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Ride, School, Sole charge
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have had roughly 8 years experience looking after horses and I am capable in grooming and bathing, feed preparation, bedding a stable, paddock maintenance, rugging up, and tacking up. I can ride to a novice level, I haven’t had much experience jumping but I am open to learning. I have recently graduated university with a degree in Equine and Veterinary Bioscience so I am sufficient with veterinary knowledge of disease and also exercise physiology and anatomy of the horse.
I am good at both teamwork and individual work, and I pride myself on working to the highest standard.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I have always loved horses and the fact each one has a different character that you get to know and form bonds with.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I don’t currently have much show practice, I have never shown myself before and only had minimal experience turning horses out to showing standard. I’ve also never clipped a horse before, although I am aware of the different clips. I would also like to improve my riding if possible.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am hardworking and will always do what I’m asked to do to a very high standard. I come from a military family and have been raised to treat everyone with respect and dignity. I have excellent organisational skills and I am a quick learner.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain more all around experience with horses to complete my practical knowledge and skills.
• Do you need accommodation?
I’m not in need of it provided the work is within reasonable driving distance from my home.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
I have a scheduled trip to Tanzania (Mt. Kilimanjaro) on 20th June 2021 for 18 days, but this may be postponed again depending on coronavirus travel restrictions.