- Age 26 years
- Date of Birth 23rd February 1994
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland, The EU, Europe, United States of America, United Arab Emirates, Other
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 1st January 2021
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 3-4 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Other
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’8” / 172cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, Classical, Dealer, Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Hunting, Livery, P2P, Polo, Pony Club Activities, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Reining, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Team Chase, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Western, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have worked in the industry for over 8 years, gaining vast levels of experience and knowledge in all aspects. My roles have varied from instructing on busy riding schools to being head competition grooms to 3* event riders.
I have worked with all levels of horses and riders in previous jobs; from hunt horses, polo ponies and driving ponies, to sharp competition horses, stallions and youngsters.
I can groom and turn out horses to a high standard, have brilliant time keeping skills and am passionate about what I do. I have worked in both a large team and sole charge, am efficient and quick in my work and always strive for the best.
My main areas of expertise are:
* Head competition groom- I have worked for 3* event riders grooming at competitions up and down the country. This would also include SJ and dressage competitions during the out of season months as well as XC schooling.
* Teaching in busy riding schools and trekking centres – I have worked on both small and large scale riding schools and trekking centres, gaining experience in teaching clients of all ages in both groups and one to one, and leading out Treks for all levels of clients.
* Fittening work, lunging and schooling – I have previously helped back and bring on young, nervous and green horses, have schooled all types of horses & ponies. * Exercising hunt horses, polo ponies and scurry ponies (carriage driving)
* Livery and dealing yards – I have experience liaising with owners and clients on livery yards, and have assisted in bringing on and selling dealing horses.
Strengths and Weaknesses
I have worked in all areas of the industry, am quick to learn a new role and fit into the job. I am confident around all types of horses whilst staying patient around young and green horses. I am really passionate about what I do and always put 110% into every task. I am very organised and enjoy keeping a clean and tidy yard. I have great turn out skills and love to show prep. I can work both sole charge and in any size team.
I am currently not in full time work in the equine industry as circumstances lead to a slight career change, however, I have kept horses part time in my life. Due to this, I have not ridden or been around horses as much as I would have liked the past year and a half. So I would say having a slight break would be a weakness of mine, although it would not take me very long to get “back in the game” so to say.
• I would like to gain general experience, mainly riding experience, with the opportunity to maybe compete.
• Accommodation would be required, but I am happy to re locate anywhere. I currently do not have any pets or horses, I am happy to share accommodation, although a non shared position would be ideal.