- Age 26 years
- Date of Birth 29th October 1994
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, The EU, Europe, United States of America
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent, Seasonal
- Earliest start date 13th October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period No
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Manager, Home Groom, Stud Groom, Other, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None
- Own car? None
- Height 5’11” / 180cm
- Approximate weight 14st / 88.9kg / 196lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Hunting, Pony Club Activities, Racing Flat, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Reining, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Western, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality Latvian
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have worked with horses within zoo and in private/riding school yard, also helped as volunteer in stables. I have done mucking out, haying, feeding, handling horses to paddocks and stables, tacking up horses, cleaning the tack, lunging and exercising with hacking/trekking horses. I also have alot of animal related experiences within zoo (all those experiences mentioned on the next question).
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I am good at working alone and in team (as needed). I have had experience in handling young horses (not riding), I have many nn-equine but animal related skills – I was a zookeeper where I worked with ungulate (hoofstock) animals also horses, and did everything starting from feeding, enrichment creating, immobilization, trasportation and receiving of animals, training, behavior observing and everyday behavior journal writting, helping with veterinary provedures and giving medicine if needed. I was also supervising students and managing giraffe keeper team.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Working with horses in general brings me hapiness, the conection between human and horse. I enjoy time with them, either it is tacking them up, brushing them, bringing out to paddocks or going on pleasure/exercise ride.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Yes, definitely riding and I’d like to learn mane braiding, clipping.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I have experience with many animals, most of them beeing wild animals within zoo. I understand animal behavior, look at any animal more different than only the certain breed. Although horses are the field I have recently started to acquire I am fast learner, honest, capable to learn anything tht is provided to me.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Few thing I would like to gain would be western riding, rehabilitation, clipping, braiding, riding, but I am flexible and would be open also for anything else.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
Yes, I would like to bring a dog. Next year I am getting a puppy ( from great breeders, well socialized, family and animal friendly)
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
Not at the moment
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?