- Age 45 years
- Date of Birth 12th September 1975
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cotswolds, Gloucestershire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 18th October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Head Person, Manager, Other, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Trailer, 7.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Classical, Dealer, Dressage, Eventing, Livery, P2P, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Therapeutic Riding
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have held several head groom and travelling head groom roles for both show jumping and event yards in the UK and Australia.
I have worked with flat and national hunt racehorses, hunters, show jumpers, eventers and dressage horses and have worked alone on yards as well as part of a team.
I have 2 horses of my own, one I team chased and who is retired now and an eventer which I am bringing on and who recently completed his first Novice.
I consider myself extremely experienced with all yard duties and capable of handling horses from yearlings to stallions and those in between!
Some time ago, I moved away from working with horses and into commercial office roles so that I could afford to pay to event my own horses. (Unfortunately working as a groom simply didn’t pay enough for British Event entry fee’s!)
Alongside office work, I have still been working at the weekends with horses on various yards, freelance however.
I am now looking for a role which still involves the equine world, but without all the hands on day to day yard work.
I have many transferable skills gained by my employment as Business Account Manager for a software company.
I have excellent people skills and am confident liaising with people at all levels of seniority. Extremely hard working and trustworthy, I am happy to take on any task and see it through to successful completion.
Experienced in all areas of office work and attending senior level meetings with blue chip customers such as EDF and E.ON, I am passionate about creating and maintaining strong client relationships and providing excellent service to whoever I work for.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I work well alone and need no managing but I also thrive in a team environment – I am very adaptable.
I have a very high level of motivation and enthusiasm for any task I take on.
I possess excellent people skills and can adapt to any environment and situation.
I listen to what my employer wants.
I have always been trusted as the point of contact for all escalations and issues and the subsequent feedback to the business.
I am a good driver with no points on my licence and used to drive our Product Manager to customer meetings.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
They are magnificent creatures who appreciate virtually everything we do for them. I find them so easy to understand and join up to.
They bring out my hardworking and selfless side as there is nothing and no hours I wouldn’t work to ensure they felt safe and comfortable in their work and stable environment.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
My time management in that I usually work on into my own time to ensure everything was perfect.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
My personality, charm and experience!! Which is clearly difficult to show until I have met employers face to face – but I would be a benefit to any team/employer as I always give my all to every role. I am passionate about getting things exactly right and will get stuck into any task . I am flexible and determined and happy to roll with any changes as dictated by the job.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Continue working within the equine world but in an office/management type role. I would also be happy to consider a driver position.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
23rd December – 1st January inclusive but could be flexible for the right opportunity.