- Age 50 years
- Date of Birth 20th March 1970
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Cotswolds
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time
- Earliest start date 19th October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Manager, Other, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Trailer, 3.5t, 7.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’10” / 177cm
- Approximate weight 11st / 69.9kg / 154lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Horse Transport, Hunting, Racing NH, Rehabilitation, Retail, Sales, Stud, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider, Travelling Horses by Sea or Air
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I come from a farming back ground. I started to ride from a very early age , went through pony club, hunting, point to points, eventing and showjumping . Back in the day I rode and groomed for Paddy McMahon riding great horses like Tigre. I have had a small livery / pre training yard for many years and still enjoy buying and selling one or two through ROR. I still hunt and team chase when I have time.
Having a husband who retired early to play golf I have plenty of help at home so being totally flexible with timings is not a problem. For the past 2-3 years my roles have been predominately working as a PA . These roles were very varied (please see my cover letter) and driving was a pre-requisite. I am well educated and I have a love of National Hunt racing. As you will see from my cover letter I do work at Cheltenham racecourse on race days and being involved in racing is the dream ..
I am contentious and discreet.
What are you particularly good at? I have for many years traveled the UK through my roles as a NAM/SNAM doing upwards of 45K miles a year. I have a clean licence. I am equally as happy working as part of a large team as i am working on a one to one basis. I can act on my own initiative and do not need telling twice. I will happily roll my sleeves up and get stuck in to what ever is required but I am also happy talking with owners and other professionals at a high of low level.
I have a high level of horse and stable management, and if required will clip, long rein youngsters or swim them. I will fit in anywhere and have a very friendly disposition.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses? The variety… no two days are the same.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve? Possibly to suffer fools 🙂
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker? I have excellent life experience knowledge. I am honest, trustworthy and reliable. I feel that I go the extra mile and can act on ones own initiative. I don’t need to be micro managed.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job? Do something a little different with new challenges.
• Do you need accommodation? No
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you? No
• Do you have any ongoing commitments? No
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of? No