- Age 24 years
- Date of Birth 7th October 1996
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Hertfordshire, UK, London, Surrey, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 18th October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom/Rider, Rider, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Trailer
- Own car? None
- Height 5’8” / 172cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Livery, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality Norwegian
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, Sales Preparation, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work Rider, Work with children, Young Stock Handler, Young Stock Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I worked at Helgstrand Dressage as a groom in 2016/17, where I would take care of 10-15 horses a day and accompany the riders to competitions. I am experienced in plaiting, bandaging, handling stallions at home and in busy environments such as competitions, alongside all the key skills a groom needs to take care of top quality horses. I have been riding all types of horses for the most of my life across a range of different disciplines. I started teaching children to ride when I was 14, and I still teach both adults and children from intro to advanced medium level, which is something I really enjoy.
I have experience breaking in and educating young horses up to advanced medium level and really enjoy this type of work, however I have aspirations to reach a higher level in the future. I am also an experienced groom, having worked in a top dressage stable in Denmark, which means I have all the skills required to be a groom at competitions and at home.
Strengths and Weaknesses
I have not competed much in the last couple of years because of my studies, but I would definitely want to get back in the game.
I gained a lot of experience as a competition groom in Denmark. I would accompany my rider at stallion shows, young horse championships and other competitions.
In my active years I competed in dressage, showjumping, eventing and driving. Although I have not had the chance to compete since 2016, I would love to have the opportunity to start competing again.
• I am looking for a groom/rider job with the opportunity to either groom for other riders at shows or competing myself.
• I would prefer the option of accommodation, but for the right job I can consider finding own accommodation.