- Age 48 years
- Date of Birth 5th March 1972
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Europe, United Arab Emirates
- County/State/Region Cambridgeshire, UK, Gloucestershire, UK, Shropshire, UK, Somerset, UK, Wiltshire, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Freelance, Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 9th November 2020
- Availability if Freelance/Short Term Nov20-Mar21
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Manager, Housekeeper, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t, 7.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’5” / 165cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Carriage Driving, Eventing, Family Yard, Horse Transport, Hunting, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Racing NH, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Broodmares, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Foaling/Foal Watch, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Veterinary Experience
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
My name is Cath Grimsey and l am an experienced and qualified office/practice manager, horse owner, rider and yard manager. My fixed term office-based contract has recently ended, and l am rather keen to get stuck into a fun role, meet some great new people and horses, and to work hard to contribute to a positive and happy yard/team.
Briefly l offer:
- Many years of hands-on practice management experience, including a year managing RAF Cranwell Saddle Club.
- BHS Stage 1 Complete Horsemanship inc. Riding & Road Safety attained 2019.
- 3 years of sole-charge on family hunting and Pony Club yard.
- Over 20 years office/veterinary practice management experience and Masters degree in Business Administration (MBA).
- Excellent interpersonal and team development/wellbeing skills based upon kindness.
- A reliable, fun and outgoing personality and a passion to learn and experience new things.
- Own transport and flexible on working patterns.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
- Managing all aspects of business/yard administration, finance and PA services.
- A mature and level headed woman equally happy to be left in sole charge or work collaboratively as part of a fun team.
- Turn-out to high standard, plait, clip etc
- All stable management, rugging, turnout, mucking out, feeding etc.
- Exercising sensible horses and larger ponies, but not too sharp, please.
- Riding school activities and staff/horse rotas.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Being outside, getting fit and feeling thoroughly tired each evening!
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I am 5ft 5 and less than 10 stone, so still in good shape. I would love to improve my fitness even more though.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I believe my lifelong involvement in the equine leisure and competition world, professional acumen, collaborative approach to work and curiosity for continual systems improvement make me a great candidate for any dual yard/business role. I am also a lot of fun (!)
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Open to ideas. Short/long term, live in/out, looking for a fun adventure.
• Do you need accommodation?
Preferable but not essential.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have a quiet, elderly terrier who l would prefer to fetch.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?