- Age 44 years
- Date of Birth 29th April 1976
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, The EU, Europe
- County/State/Region Avon, UK, Bedfordshire, UK, Berkshire, UK, Buckinghamshire, UK, Cambridgeshire, UK, Cheshire, UK, Cornwall, UK, Cotswolds, Devon, UK, Dorset, UK, East Sussex, UK, France, Gloucestershire, UK, Greater London, UK, Hampshire, UK, Hertfordshire, UK, Kent, UK, Somerset, UK, Spain, Surrey, UK, Warwickshire, UK, West Sussex, UK, Wiltshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 23rd November 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 4 weeks
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Riding Instructor
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Trailer, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Livery, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rescue, Rehabilitation, Riding School
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I am currently the equine senior at Margaret Green Animal Rescue where I have 16 beautiful horses in my care. I run all aspects of the yard, such as organising veterinary, farrier and physiotherapy appointments. Updating the records for each horse. Maintaining feed and bedding supplies and performing all viewings and home checks and offering advice if required.
I am used to handling a wide range of horses, many if which have veterinary or behavioural issues in a calm and patient manner. Any horses that I feel are suitable are backed slowly and I am confident in lunging and long reining.
I have previously worked as an instructor within two riding schools. And have experience at livery yards, schooling clients horses and competition venues where I assisted with clinics and competitions and took part when availability allowed.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I am used to handling and riding a wide range of horses in a calm and patient manner. I enjoy all aspects of horse care and pride myself on maintaining the highest of standards. I am happy working both independently and as part of a team.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy discovering each horses personality and love a horse a horse with a sense of humour.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
Continued personal developmet
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
Dedicated, trustworthy, reliable and honest. I pride myself on maintaining the highest of standards.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
To continue developing my equine skills.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?