- Age 19 years
- Date of Birth 5th February 2001
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region East Sussex, UK, Surrey, UK
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time
- Earliest start date 2nd November 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period Not unless the job was becoming full time
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’4” / 162cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines College, Dealer, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Hunting, Livery, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Show Jumping, Stud, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Trim
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have grown up around horses and have been lucky enough to own my own for the last 10 years. Throughout this time I have had many opportunities that have allowed me to improve and progress. I have worked in riding schools, livery yards and studied an equine course to expand my knowledge further. I have assisted as a groom at competitions and been able to be left working on a yard whilst owners were at shows.
When I was growing up I was able to gain experience bringing green horses on after they had been backed. I enjoy taking the time to figure out what the horses needed from me as a rider whilst always keeping calm and quiet. I have competed in unaffiliated show jumping and have been quite successful qualifying for a range of different venues.
My college course covered a wide variety of modules including; rehabilitation, fitness, structure form and function, nutrition, working horses on the ground, flat and jumping. I worked hard in college and achieved a triple distinction * (star) as my final grade.
I am able to carry out any task on a yard i.e general duties, plaiting, clipping, bandaging, exercising, tacking up, riding and basic first aid. I am confident and quiet on the ground and when riding and I have been complemented a lot for this. I am able to communicate with other people. For example I am able to talk to liveries about any changes I have noticed in their horse and discuss with them what the best thing to do is. I work well under pressure and I am able to make quick decisions which I think is very important when working with horses.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
That every horse’s needs are different and that you need to be able to adapt the way you ride and the way you are on the ground to suit the horse and to get the best out of them. I also enjoy seeing progress a horse has made which you have put time and effort into, I find it really rewarding. Every day is different working with horses and that is something I always look forward to.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I am open to gain experience and improve in everything as I accept that everyone does things differently. I am always willing to learn new skills and better my knowledge as they arise.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
Employers should consider me above anyone else as I am kind, reliable, honest and extremely hardworking. I am always willing to go the extra mile to ensure the task is completed to the best of my ability.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to gain more knowledge in backing a horse, first aid and rehabilitation as this is something I think I would do well in.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
Not at the moment, but I would like to be able to work somewhere that allows dogs and potentially your own horse (if I needed it) for the future.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I care for my own horse at home and I have another part-time flexible job.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?