- Age 20 years
- Date of Birth 3rd April 2000
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Flexible Hours, Full Time, Part Time
- Earliest start date 28th October 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period No
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Stud Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None
- Own car? None
- Height 5’8” / 172cm
- Approximate weight 11st / 69.9kg / 154lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Artificial Insemination (AI), Carriage Driving, Classical, College, Dealer, Dressage, Endurance, Eventing, Family Yard, Foaling, Horse Transport, Hunting, Livery, P2P, Polo, Pony Club Activities, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Reining, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Retail, Riding School, Sales, Showing, Show Jumping, Stud, Team Chase, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions, Trekking, Western, Working Hunter
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality Spanish
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Compete, Equine First Aid
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Hello. My name is Mario de Diego, and I’m 19 years old.
I am very interested in working abroad in an equestrian environment. Since I finished my compulsory education, my training has always been related to the world of sports, and in recent times with horses.
In the 2018/2019 academic year, I studied Vocational Training on the south coast of Ireland, where I studied Outdoor Adventure Education at Kinsale College.
This incredible experience allowed me to qualify as a technician in various water and land sports: sailing, kayaking in whitewater, driving and orientation of groups in the middle of the mountain, river rescue, first aid. It was a year full of learning and improvement that required a great commitment and effort from me, due to the degree of difficulty involved in reaching the sports level required by the college, the extreme weather conditions into the water, and in my case in particular, because I had to face all of this in a foreign language, which I gradually improved.
At the end of the year, I returned to Spain and took the Cambridge B1 exam, which I passed with ease.
The following year (2019/2020) I continued my studies in Spain, with a Professional Training as a Technician in conducting physical-sports activities in the natural environment. It was then that I started working with horses; in their care and riding.
At the end of the course, I did the required practices in an equestrian club in Malaga, the place where I live. I worked as a stable boy and teacher’s assistant. It was a very positive experience in which I learned a lot and enjoyed myself, so at the end of the internship, I asked the manager to continue working for them, and they accepted. Currently I work from Monday to Friday, 8 hours a day. My functions are:
- Daily cleaning of the stables.
- Preparation of feed and hay and feeding the animals.
- Prepare the horses for riding.
- Cleaning and brushing of animals.
- Cleaning of equipment.
- Follow the instructions for the care of the horse (if there are any from the veterinarian).
- Get the horses to exercise every day.
- I help with the maintenance of the facilities.
I think I have a good profile to work in the equestrian club because: • I am physically fit.• I can communicate without problems in the English language.• I am affectionate with horses.• I have the capacity to keep records.• I have the skills and training to perform first aid.• I like to follow directions.• I am an observer to be able to transmit if a horse appears to be sick.• I can ride a horse (trot and gallop), with docile horses.• I like being active, doing physical work and I’m not afraid of working in bad weather conditions.• I am able to work both, alone and in a team.• I like working outside and being surrounded by nature.• I have previous international experience. I have lived in Ireland for a year as a student, lived with a family and have interacted with my classmates and teachers every day. I know the Irish people, customs and climate.• I like to keep learning. For all this, I would very much like to have the opportunity to continue working in an equestrian environment, abroad. My current commitment to the equestrian club in which I am working is until the end of December, so I will be available from January 2021. Thank you very much for your attention. Regards,Mario.