- Age 17 years
- Date of Birth 13th May 2003
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region North Yorkshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 9th November 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period No, currently in non equine part time employment
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Trainee, Groom, Groom/Rider, Rider, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive None
- Own car? None
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 8st / 50.8kg / 112lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dealer, Eventing, Hunting, Livery, P2P, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Work Rider
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I have been riding since the age of four, and bought my current horse, Harry, as a four year old, just under 5 years ago. In this time he’s become a super jumper, and a proven hunter. I have had the opportunity to ride and produce friend’s horses, which has led to getting the ride on 2 super horses, one of which I am currently aiming to jump at a bsja level, alongside Harry. Harry and I, have got a BS record up to 95cm, which i hope is just the beginning for this super little horse. I work hard, whether it’s mucking out, grooming, or riding (in the worst of British weather!), therefore, I am looking for a position that would allow me to fulfil this, along side, gaining experience in the wider horse world.
I am good at working independently, and can be left in charge, using my own initiative, to get things completed to a high standard. Equally I work well in a team and is competent in taking instructions.
I’d like to believe I am able to get on young, Green horses and ‘sus’ them out, to ride or bring them on, unique to their way of going. I have always bought youngsters, so have experienced plenty of the naughty ‘5 year old stages’, I do believe I am ready to show this in a professional, rather than domestic environment.
I have skills pulling manes and tails, and have clipped even the most difficult horses.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I love the satisfaction of achieving goals. For example; seeing an improvement either long term, or in a couple of sessions, really makes the hard work, worthwhile.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I’d like to improve my ability to come out of my comfort zone a bit more, and experience the horse world, outside of our small yard.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am hard working, and very reliable. The horses always come first, no matter the situation, and I do genuinely believe, that whilst my experience, generally is very localised, is honest, and I’d love the chance to fulfil my ability on a larger scale.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Ideally I would like to work on a yard with hunters or showjumpers, as this is what I have experience in, however my main goal is to gain any experience that would help me to become a better rider/equestrian.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I’d love to bring my horse Harry, but other arrangements could be made if this was not possible.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?