- Age 38 years
- Date of Birth 14th January 1983
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Scotland, Ireland
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 1st February 2021
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 3 months
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Manager, Other, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Trailer, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, P2P, Racing Flat, Racing NH, Stud, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Show Turnout
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have been riding all my life, competing at Pony Club and on the showing circuit as a child. My first job was on a P2P yard – qualifying horses and undertaking general yard duties. After attending university I did not have my own horse but continued to ride and help out on my mother’s showing yard. In 2016 I worked as a weekend stud hand at Floors Castle Stud, staying for 2 years. I have had my own horses again from 2014, all being ex-racehorses being retrained to event.
I would be looking for a strategic business role within an equine company, to utilise my commercial back ground along with my love for horses.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I am willing to undertake any roles with a business/yard in order to achieve success for all. On a equine side I am happy to handle young horses, plait, show turn out, ride young/fit horses, undertake general yard duties. On a non-equine side I am a 13 year post qualified chartered accountant, currently working as a Finance Director for a manufacturing company. Having worked in investments, social housing and telecommunication I have a varied back ground balancing the commerciality a company with the welfare of the companies stakeholder.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Working with horses is truly fulfilling for me, being part of each horses journey, ensuring the horse is happy/healthy and able to perform their role to the best of their ability gives a great sense of satisfaction. All horses are different and there will always be many pitfalls however working through that with a horse and building that relationship provides a great sense of fulfilment.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I am always looking to improve my skills, my understanding and my riding ability.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I have many skills, and am happy to undertake many different roles as every role is important. I am a team player, even if I am the designated leader the full team is involved in the outcome and is the driver to any businesses success. I am trust worthily, hard working and willing to support and be part of growing business.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I am really looking to mix my love of horses with my commercial and financial background.
• Do you need accommodation?
Depending on location there maybe a need however this is not a full requirement
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have one dog and one horse who I would look to bring with me
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?