- Age 30 years
- Date of Birth 29th April 1990
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Scotland, United Arab Emirates
- County/State/Region Scotland, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent, Seasonal, Short Term (Temporary)
- Earliest start date 30th November 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/a
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom, Competition Groom, Riding Instructor, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, Trailer, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’7” / 170cm
- Approximate weight 13.5st / 85.7kg / 89lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Carriage Driving, College, Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Livery, Pony Club Activities, Rescue, Rehabilitation, Show Jumping, Therapeutic Riding, Trekking
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Clip, Compete, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Rider/Trainer, School, Show Turnout, Sole charge, Stallion Handling, Supervisory Skills, Teach, Trim, Work with children, Young Stock Handler
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
- Experience with Horses
Years experience in a variety of yard settings and disciplines, from teaching beginners in riding schools to competition groom in showjumping yard and on the national carriage driving circuit.
I have also produced a few horses of my own through breaking to competing and qualifying for championships in showing and dressage.
- Attention to detail and clean tidy working.
- Working with youngsters.
- Clipping and show preparation
- Able to work as a team or happily left in sole charge.
- Honest and trustworthy.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I love seeing a horses progression through the levels and in life in general, knowing that I have played a part in helping the horse be a happy, well balanced and successful individual.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I have produced my own horse to medium level dressage but I’m lacking the knowledge and support to progress further so guidance with this would be much appreciated.
I’ve had my trailer license for a few years now and have travelled around the uk towing with my van to shows but I would be interested in progressing to gain a 7.5t or HGV license
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I may not be the quickest when it comes to mucking out etc but I have a great work ethic and I’m not afraid of hard work and getting my hands dirty.
I’m always the first to hold my hands up and apologise if I make a mistake and I’m not afraid to ask for help or advice if I’m struggling or dont understand something.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would love to have a job that allowed me to do some riding, i believe that riding different horses makes you a more versatile rider. But I’m also at a stage where I’m happy being the feet on the ground. My overall goal is just to keep learning.
• Do you need accommodation?
Accommodation would be ideal, but I do also have a campervan that I have lived in full time before and I’m happy to do so again if there were facilities to wash myself and my clothes.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I have two horses of my own bringing both would be the perfect situation however I have a place I could put my retired horse if there was only space to bring one along.
I also own a well behaved dog.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?