- Age 25 years
- Date of Birth 2nd April 1995
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Gloucestershire, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 2nd December 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 week -1 month
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Trainee, Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 13st / 82.6kg / 182lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Hunting, Livery
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Long Rein, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Show Turnout, Trim, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Hello. My name is Rachel. I am 25 years old but I feel I am experienced/knowledgeable for my age I have worked at a couple of different yards one for nearly 10 years which was a family run showing and livery yard but with a lot of other horses thrown into the mix as well! I was left in sole charge most of the time, and am happy to be in charge or work with a team! I did more of the yard duties and groundwork with the horses which included show ponies/horses, youngsters and hunt horses and others ..But I would be completely willing to have lessons to improve my riding abilities/braveness! If this was a possibility. I am very reliable and used to hard work, and willing to learn when ever or wherever I can.
I don’t mind working alone or working with others, I do prefer to work within a fun team tho! I feel I am good at clipping, turning out for shows, mucking out and pulling manes. I am prepared to learn more and further my experience in any aspect.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
i enjoy clipping the most as I think it’s a really satisfying thing once finished. I also enjoy seeing the horses improve whether it’s in their work or just in general.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
id like to improve my riding ability, I can ride but haven’t ridden properly I.e. schooling for a couple of years.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am very hard working and reliable! Also I am not a princess I will carry out any task that is given to me to the best of my ability! I understand that the equine world is not about glamourous jobs! I will not be happy until every job is done and all the horses are happy.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
Riding experience if offered
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I play netball 3/4 times a week as an outside interest and I have my own horse.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?