- Age 24 years
- Date of Birth 3rd August 1996
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Shropshire, UK, Staffordshire, UK, West Midlands, UK, Worcestershire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 6th December 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period N/A
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Home Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Trailer, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’8” / 172cm
- Approximate weight 8.5st / 54kg / 119lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing, Family Yard, Rehabilitation
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Back/Break, Bandage, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Maintenance Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, Sole charge
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have been riding horses for 20 years, and have cared for my own for 11 years. I have worked on 4 different yards (riding schools and race yards). I have experience and am confident riding all types of horses, very calm and patient. I believe that horses do everything for a reason and we should at least try to understand that reason. I can turnout to a very high standard, and have won best turnout many times at race meetings. I have a level two diploma in racehorse care from The British Racing School in Newmarket. I can do everything from feeding to bandaging.
My favourite part about working in racing was travelling up and down the country to race meetings. It involved being very organised and taking pride in my work.
I am looking for a role where I can work Monday to Friday 07:30 – 15:00, ideally on a livery yard where I can turn up, feed, turnout and muck out the horses. However, would consider longer hours and occasional weekend and evening work for small competition yard where I am the sole groom with the the rider/owner. Happy to ride, but haven’t schooled horses to high competition standards before.
I have experience in equine first aid, and with handling horses for various situations (vet, farrier, clipping etc).
I also have three years experience in working as a Travel Consultant for the UK’s best equine travel agency, In The Saddle.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
- Working alone, very self motivated and hardworking. Happy to work as part of a team as long we are all on the same page with standards of care necessary for horses.
- Handling fit horses.
- Very organised with fantastic attention to detail. Great for show preparation and travel.
- Staying positive at all times.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
The fact that they are a completely different species, but will trust you with absolutely anything providing you respect them and give clear signals.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
My flatwork riding skills. Have done lots of hacking and fast work over rustic fences, but haven’t ever done much advanced arena work.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am am incredibly hardworking with high standards. I have a great sense of humour and avoid conflict. I have worked with many different types of people in the quine industry over the years, and know that employers want an easy to get on with person who they can trust to get on with the job. All I ask in return is slightly better than minimum wage pay (happy to prove my worth first), and reliable working hours with notice if occasional weekend and evening work will be required.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
My 7.5 tonne or HGV licence (already have my B + E towing qualification). I really loved attending race meetings, so the chance to attend competitions as groom would be nice.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
No, although I would like to own a dog in the future. It would be nice to be able to bring it to work with me.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
I care for three horses, and would like to maintain a good work life balance. That is the reason for stating my preferred working hours in the experience section.
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?