- Age 19 years
- Date of Birth 24th June 2001
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom
- County/State/Region Buckinghamshire, UK, Oxfordshire, UK
- Job Category Full Time
- Earliest start date 22nd November 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period No - None
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Sole Charge, Home Groom, Competition Groom
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, Tractor, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 5”6’ / 167cm
- Approximate weight 10st / 63.5kg / 140lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Eventing, Family Yard, Hunting, Show Jumping
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Clip, Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Long Rein, Lunging, Management Skills, Muck Out, Plait, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have been working with horses since the age of 14. I have worked on hunt hireling yards and private families. I am happy completing all general yard duties including mucking out, feeding, changing rugs, picking out feet, grooming, bathing, plaiting, pulling, trimming, clipping, bandaging, worming. I deal with vets, physios and farriers, organising appointments and making sure horses are ready to be seen. I hack out, keeping horses fit and can school horses and ponies.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I am happy being left in sole charge of the yard and understand every horse needs individual care and attention. I am smiley bubbly person who is very keen and hardworking. I enjoy getting to know people and I am very chatty. I also enjoy working as part of a team with communication being a strong point of mine, ‘It is better to ask and get it right, than to do it without checking and get it wrong’.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Every horse is different, and I enjoy bringing out the best in each individual horse.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to refine my turning out skills to the highest standard possible.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am very reliable, conscientious and put 100% effort into everything I do. The horses are my number 1 priority.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would love to gain a role where I can gain a relationship with the horses and their riders. I would like a long term, full time position.
• Do you need accommodation?
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
***Available for Christmas Cover***