- Age 25 years
- Date of Birth 12th June 1995
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Scotland, Ireland, United States of America, United Arab Emirates
- County/State/Region Anywhere
- Job Category Full Time, Part Time, Permanent, Short Term (Temporary), Working Couple
- Earliest start date 7th December 2020
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period 1 week
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in, Live out
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Apprentice, Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Assistant Head Person, Home Groom, Admin/Office-based
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car
- Own car? Car
- Height 5’4” / 162cm
- Approximate weight 10.5st / 66.7kg / 147lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Family Yard, Livery, Riding for the Disabled (RDA), Rehabilitation, Riding School, Therapeutic Riding, Training Yard/Positions
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British, South African
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Bandage, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Ride, School, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Work Rider, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
I used to do horse riding lessons at a child but stopped at age 9. I continued to do trail rides on holidays and ride my friends horses occasionally, but started schooling again last year.
I have worked at two yards here in Scotland, each with over 55 horses on site and outlined my main duties below:
Turning out & in
Feeding and Maintaining feed stock
Running office (money, managing diary, booking lessons, arranging turnout, organising livery)
Teaching pony club & lessons
Riding for the disabled
- Customer Service
- Money Management
- Email Structure
- Telephone Handling
- Dairy Management
YARD MANAGEMENT/HORSE SKILLS
- Horse Turnout
- Grooming & Tacking
- Mucking Out
- Feeding & Maintaining Feed Stock
- Horse Safety & Wellbeing
- Rider Safety
- Basic Teaching
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
Working with horses is so incredibly therapeutic for me and internally rewarding. Although it is hard work, I thoroughly enjoy it and would rather earn my keep than sit home earning money for nothing.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would love to gain BHS quaifications or other professional qualifications to be able to do more in the equine industry.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a very hard worker and responsible individual. I take initiative and am always thinking about what needs done and what I can do and am always willing to go above and beyond for customers.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to continue to work with horses and children and gain qualifications.
• Do you need accommodation?
I don’t mind. It would be helpful but I don’t mind.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?
**Available for Christmas Cover***