- Age 44 years
- Date of Birth 10th July 1976
- Had previous paid employment within the equine industry? Locked
- Preferred Countries United Kingdom, Wales, Scotland
- County/State/Region Anywhere, Berkshire, UK, Buckinghamshire, UK, Cambridgeshire, UK, Cleveland, UK, Cornwall, UK, Cotswolds, Cumberland, UK, Cumbria, Derbyshire, UK, Devon, UK, Dorset, UK, East Sussex, UK, East Yorkshire, UK, Essex, UK, Gloucestershire, UK, Greater London, UK, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom, Hampshire, UK, Herefordshire, UK, Humberside, UK, Huntingdonshire, UK, Isle of Wight, UK, Lanarkshire, Lancashire, UK, Leicestershire, UK, Lincolnshire, UK, London, Merseyside, UK, Middlesex, UK, Norfolk, UK, North Yorkshire, UK, Northamptonshire, UK, Northumberland, UK, Nottinghamshire, UK, Oxfordshire, UK, Scotland, UK, Shropshire, UK, Somerset, UK, South Yorkshire, UK, Staffordshire, UK, Suffolk, UK, Surrey, UK, Tyne and Wear, UK, Wales, UK, Warwickshire, UK, West Midlands, UK, West Sussex, UK, West Yorkshire, UK, Westmorland, UK, Wiltshire, UK, Worcestershire, UK
- Job Category Full Time, Permanent
- Earliest start date 8th January 2021
- Freelance: Business Name Locked
- Freelance: Hourly Rate Locked
- Freelance: are you insured? Locked
- Notice period none
- Best time to call Locked
- Working Couples: Partner's profile reference number Locked
- Live in or out Live in
- Co-habiting? Locked
- Full Postcode if live out (Private) Locked
- Expected Job Level Groom, Groom/Rider, Part of a Team, Sole Charge, Assistant Head Person
- Animals to bring to a job Locked
- Describe the animal/s you HAVE to bring to the job (if applicable) Locked
- Can drive Car, 3.5t
- Own car? Car
- Height 6’0” / 182cm
- Approximate weight 11.5st / 73kg / 161lb
- Total years experience with horses Locked
- Previous paid/work experience Locked
- Future disciplines Dressage, Eventing
- Riding Role? Locked
- Nationality British
- Languages spoken Locked
- Qualifications Locked
- Equine Skills Equine First Aid, Exercise/Hack Out, Lunging, Maintenance Skills, Management Skills, Muck Out, Pull Mane/Tail, Ride, School, Sole charge, Supervisory Skills, Trim, Work with children
- Non-Equine Skills Locked
- Longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- 2nd longest time in one job Locked
- Position held in this job Locked
- Upload your CV Locked
- Current passport? Locked
- DBS (formerly CRB) or equivalent Locked
- Smoker? Locked
- Image Uploads Locked
Experience with Horses
Outline your experience with horses here/the scope of your freelance services. If you’re looking for a non-equine or non- yard-based job please use this space to describe your experience skills/abilities and adapt the questions to suit your line of work.
I have worked from a young age with horses. all my knowledge has been accumulated on the job or whilst owning/loaning a horse.
- I started at a local riding school, doing the usual jobs of mucking out, turning out, bringing in, grooming, tacking up for lessons, and leading beginner riders. i also personally assisted the owner/instructor when the riding school was closed. Eventually when she retired and closed down the school, she gifted me one of the ponies.
- I moved on to another riding school to train to be BHS AI. whist here on top of stable work, i also taught private adult lessons. My circumstances changed so i was unable to pass my AI.
- Between having children and non equine jobs, I have worked on a stud yard handling youngsters and broodmares, a National hunt yard where i have been in sole charge of 16 horses. along with stable duties, i have put horses on and off the walker, treated horses with injuries, plus exercised.
- I have also been in sole charge playing the role of manager of a livery yard, which had a riding school and RDA group based on it. Here along side of stable duties i have had employees to manage, field and facilities maintenance. planned the wormer program, and client customer service, not just for the liveries, but the riding school and the RDA group. It was a Live in position too.
What are you particularly good at? For example: working alone, working with others, clipping, plaiting, turning out for shows, handling stallions, handling/riding young horses, non-equine skills etc
I work well alone or sole charge. I am excellent at the day to day care.
Strengths and Weaknesses
• What do you most enjoy about working with horses?
I enjoy looking after them, getting to know them as individuals, watching them grow or improve either under saddle or in condition.
• Is there anything you’d like to improve?
I would like to expand on my grooming skills, clipping, plaiting, and getting ready for shows.
• Why should employers consider you above any other job seeker?
I am a very hard worker, consistently use my initiative. I have great attention to detail. My time management and prioritizing skills are excellent. Good communication skills.
• What would you like to do or gain in your next job?
I would like to be a stable hand/manager and also have a chance to learn to be a competition groom.
• Do you need accommodation?
Yes if not local to my current address.
• Do you have any special requirements for any animals you wish to bring with you?
I would like to bring my 16.2hh warmblood gelding, 2yr old Lab and 2 cats that are terrific hunters.
• Do you have any ongoing commitments?
• Do you have any holidays booked that an employer needs to know of?